Notice: This site is not mobile friendly, we recommend you download tapatalk for a mobile friendly experience of our forum.

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:52 am

Shop Nosler

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: All new members enter here.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:11 am 

Great pictures, awesome!!! love it and welcome to the forum.

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:45 am 

RememberBaker

Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations to you and your girls.

JD338

Noslers Rock

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:02 am 

Welcome aboard!

You'll fit in here just fine :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm 

Hi all,

New guy here. Been hunting and shooting for about 40 years now. I'm a Remington guy but when my wife expressed an interest in hunting I bought her a Kimber in 7mm 08 which is kinda like a Winchester.
I was encouraged to join this site by a friend I met on another site. He goes by "bullet".
He tells me y'all are a great bunch of folks and that the Mods don't allow the usual shenanigans one endures elsewhere on the 'net. Which I much prefer. Or maybe y'all are just nice on your own. Either way suits me.
But I had an ulterior motive as well. Last year I bought an 8mm Rem Mag. I must say of all the rifles I've ever owned I've had more fun with this one than any other. "bullet" was partly to blame for that as well. I knew I'd need to get back into reloading or go broke feeding it. So I'm looking forward to that as I acquire components and equipment as I find them. I killed a buck with this rifle over last Thanksgiving holiday and it was one of my more memorable hunts.
Anyway, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know you folks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 pm 

Razorbacker wrote:
Hi all,

New guy here. Been hunting and shooting for about 40 years now. I'm a Remington guy but when my wife expressed an interest in hunting I bought her a Kimber in 7mm 08 which is kinda like a Winchester.
I was encouraged to join this site by a friend I met on another site. He goes by "bullet".
He tells me y'all are a great bunch of folks and that the Mods don't allow the usual shenanigans one endures elsewhere on the 'net. Which I much prefer. Or maybe y'all are just nice on your own. Either way suits me.
But I had an ulterior motive as well. Last year I bought an 8mm Rem Mag. I must say of all the rifles I've ever owned I've had more fun with this one than any other. "bullet" was partly to blame for that as well. I knew I'd need to get back into reloading or go broke feeding it. So I'm looking forward to that as I acquire components and equipment as I find them. I killed a buck with this rifle over last Thanksgiving holiday and it was one of my more memorable hunts.

Welcome to the forum. Mike is a respected member here. I'm certain you'll meet a good group of men and women who enjoy shooting and hunting (and perhaps a curmudgeon or two). We enjoy one another's company and pooling our knowledge and experience to learn together. Good to have you aboard.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 pm 

Razobacker, sure glad you got on board. It is good to have you hear. You will not find a better place. :)

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 pm 

Razorbacker wrote:
Hi all,

Welcome to the forum Razor. Glad you're here! :mrgreen:

I do not know if I would admit knowing "Bullet" unless I was water boarded! :mrgreen: Image Image

Weatherby...There is no replacement for displacement!

My blog. Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 pm 

Razorbacker wrote:
Hi all,

Welcome aboard buddy! You weren't led wrong by coming here!

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 pm 

FOTIS wrote:

Welcome to the forum Razor. Glad you're here! :mrgreen:

I do not know if I would admit knowing "Bullet" unless I was water boarded! :mrgreen: Image Image

You would not admit it if you were water boarded :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:19 pm 

I knew you would see that! :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 pm 

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been doing some surfing and I like it here already.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:28 pm 

I really didn't see this request when I signed up. Sorry for the late reply.
My name Truck Driver tells you what I do and I also own it. I live on the East Coast in Maryland which isn't so Merry now a days. It seems like I've been hunting, fishing and reloading all my life. Bought my first rifle when I was 10 ( a Daisy BB gun ) Cost me $5 and I saved for year to get the money to buy it. My first real rifle was a 510 Remington 22 single shot which I still own.
I 've met alot of great people here and owe my membership to Dubyam and Fotis. Scotty has been very helpful with reloading info and other things.
Thanks for having me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm 

Anytime buddy! It's the best family of shooters around.

Actually, there are only two classes of people posting here: Model 70 owners and those who wish they had one. PATENT PENDING

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:34 pm 

Razorbacker wrote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been doing some surfing and I like it here already.

You need any help do not forget to use the PM button.

Ask Mike! :mrgreen: :wink:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:43 pm 

FOTIS wrote:
Razorbacker wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Who me use the PM button?? :?: :oops: :mrgreen: I'll have you know in my defense Dr Albert Schweitzer said and I paraphrase "an educated man is not one who has everything memorized but one who knows where to find it."

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm 

FOTIS wrote:
Razorbacker wrote:

Mike and I were PMing before PMing was cool, :grin:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm 

Well I did not know you guys were BFF;s!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:10 am 

FOTIS wrote:
Well I did not know you guys were BFF;s!

Yeah, but I don't have any friend that is :shock: quit like you FOTIS :mrgreen:

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 pm 

Howdy all.

I missed this thread but as they say, better late than never.

Just started taking my hunting seriously but been a shooter all my life. I took a break from work, seven months, and while I was curled up on the couch in a fetal position I decided I wanted to hunt. Before that I'd been deer hunting, walking with guns, a couple of times, shot a few 'roos down under, and shot a few coyotes when the opportunity presented itself.

Being raised around horses and cattle I joined in a few cat and bear chases, with hounds, but never had the opportunity to pull the trigger on one. I was the gate-opener, horse holder, campfire wood fetcher, and rider of green colts. It made me too stupid to quit sometimes but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Being that I'm stuck in the desert southwest I try to chase the Coues deer when I can. Went to WY last year to bag a few antelope for the freezer and looking to build on the expiriences I've had so far. This is a great group and I like being here.

Vince

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:00 pm 

And we all enjoy your presence, Vince. You'll find a ready acceptance among friends in this site.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:01 pm 

Thank you sir.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:13 pm 

Hey Vince, we really like having you hear man and so good to talk to you the other evening, really enjoyed our conversation. Yes, this is a great place to be. :grin:

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm 

New to the forum,

I grew up hunting started with a BB gun killing chipmunks and squirrels, then a 22, 30-30, 243

Moved to NY from Pa, got married and now have a gunsmith for a brother-in-law! So currently awaiting a 280AI and a 338-06 AI, which also means I'm going to be learning how to reload. I'm no marksman just enjoy being out in the woods, put meat in the freezer if the opportunity presents itself. Most of my target shooting is groundhogs through the summer, but will have to change that a bit with handloading at least untill I have some loads developed but that should be good for me to sit down with the new rifles and hopefully work on my form and marksmanship a bit more.

Love bear hunting in PA with my dad, but don't have a clue what I would do if I ever shot one (wife says no dead animals on the wall... latest thought to cross my mind is become a taxidermist on the side since I love a well done animal mount and help others get their dreams since that is one I won't)

Currently I'm a hoof trimmer for cows, took up riding horses a couple years ago, snowmobile a bit in the winter when we get snow, enjoy camping, love cooking (slow smoked bbq has been my latest cooking passion, as well as making crispy fresh cut fries)

I have lots to learn but think Nosler products seem to have a great reputation, tell you more info about their bullets than some of the others, and provide something for everyone so only makes sense to check out the forums and learn as much as I can

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 pm 

Again, welcome aboard, Tim. You'll fit in quite well around here. Having a gunsmith for a BIL is a stroke of genius! How did you manage that? Actually, sounds great. You are correct that to wring the most out of your planned rifles, you'll want to handload. What action are you using for your 280AI build? Have you given any thought to what components you want to use? Nvbroncrider may have some insight on the 338-06AI; he built one and works on it when he has time. Consequently, black bear is fine table fare. Your wife may relax her rule once she tastes fresh bear ribs or enjoys a nice bear roast.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:46 pm 

Welcome Tim.. I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Moderators: NoslerV, Nosler4, JD338, NOSLER, FOTIS Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next