2nd time shooting 350 yards today with the 6.5 CM.

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
So last Saturday was my first time shooting at 350 yards. It went pretty decent and was glad I actually hit the 8" circle 5 out of 6 times. Here is target from last Saturday.
7840b1daec08019f0e36255ece1a6198.jpg

Today I tried it again this time laying down in the bed of the truck, instead of the old picnic table. Had much better luck today. Load is 120 Barnes TTSX, 43.3 GR of RL16 @2897 fps. Was ecstatic about the first group which is the one on the top. Bottom left was gonna be great but I managed to screw that one up lol. Will be going back to practice more tm.
01db95daa36682459b3812ee43f4aa60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is some fine shooting, congratulations.

JD338

Thanks guys! And yes Jim I do believe it bit me lol. That's as far as the range goes but I plan on practicing several more times this week. Gonna get pretty pricey going through these barnes like that, but I figure it won't hurt practicing with my hunting load.

Cleveland48":2h8frmjs said:
Thanks guys! And yes Jim I do believe it bit me lol. That's as far as the range goes but I plan on practicing several more times this week. Gonna get pretty pricey going through these barnes like that, but I figure it won't hurt practicing with my hunting load.

Maybe you could shoot 120 gr BT seconds for punching paper.

JD338

hang in there buddy , it gets worse !

I belong to a 500 meter range , about 546 yards . when I started going there it was like holly cow , I can't see me shooting that far . after a few years I started getting there at daybreak , so I could have the place to myself . if I was there myself I'd back up from the benches and shoot 600 yards . now I found a place in the woods I can shoot as far as I want . I'm getting beat up by the wind at 1100 and 1200 yards , so I'm more than content , until I get things figured out .

JD I had the turrent cut for 120 BT but since I can never find any I just matched the TTSX until my data lined up. So far it worked perfect. I'm a little leary of the mono bullets on deer, and I know the BT would expand reliably at longer ranges.

Jim that sounds like a lot of fun. I also get to the range early so I can move back from the benches. I can get 350 yards on the 300 yard line when no one else is there, but that's about it.

Kinda thinking about trying the 123 sst or the 120 GMX and see if I can match them up with my turrent. I know the SST will expand well in the lower velocity. Not sure if the GMX might be a little softer than the TTSX though.

Well went back this morning and shot three more groups at 350. Not quite as good as yesterday but still sub moa at 350. I can't ask any more than that. I do believe I'm the weak link, so more practice on the way.
a400983ccf9ca5d7f0802bd7b4601629.jpg
c6677bed10bc60ce9ca21205c2a3827a.jpg
f98db9850afd89ac7c71c11b8b44e06b.jpg

Cleveland48 that is some fine shooting at 350 yards :wink:.
Thank you for posting and the photos (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks Dan, I'm fixing to start some work up with the 129 SST and see how they do.

You're doing very well, indeed. The SST is a fine bullet that can serve you well. They should work out just fine.

Back