Bench hight

ronc80

Beginner
Dec 29, 2018
Quick question. What is everyone's reloading bench hight? Plus do you stand to run your press or sit?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My bench is set up high to work in a standing position or sitting on a barstool. Leaves lots of storage underneath.

muleman":3ptdd7or said:
My bench is set up high to work in a standing position or sitting on a barstool. Leaves lots of storage underneath.

Same for me, and I am probably standing more often.

My bench is 37” tall. (I am 6’1” tall). I stand or sit when working at the bench. My adjustable stool works well. The lower shelf is 13.5” high...a good place to rest my feet when sitting at the bench.
Duane

I installed my press on the inline fabrication tall press stand i have. Placed it on my kitchen counter which is 36" tall. It seemed to be very comfortable standing or sitting on my bar stool that I use in my bow shop. That bench is lower but I Stand and work there. Its shorter but not much.
Thanks guys I appreciate your help. I guess I'm going to go with 36" finished hight.
Ron

The bench height in my room is 42" which allows me to stand up or sit down on the stool. I've got a lot of storage space for all my stuff while allowing for ample work space without a cluttered bench. The bench is 26" deep and 11' long. Under cabinet lighting really brightens up things.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20191030_173544458.jpg
    IMG_20191030_173544458.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 437
Wish I had that kinda room. 6'x4'6"x7'
d7691181c8938b1fd607e10fb5db0cd1.jpg

My bench is 31.5 ins tall. I set in a computer chair(padded, lol) using the rock chucker and doing case prep work. An adjustable stool is used when running the Dillon. Dan.

Mine is 42" off the floor. I can stand but usually sit on an adjustable stool. I've downsized the bench to about 1/2 of what it was so also use a tall Inline Fab. riser set back a bit from the edge at an angle to swap presses around. All other accessories are mounted to a piece of T stock & held in a small bench vise when being used & stowed in a drawer otherwise.

Back