Enough is Enough?

In California that extra 11% is in effect. That is on top of the regular state tax. When you figure the state and Federal income tax, the Robertson-Pitman tax, normal sales tax, the $1 Dros fee on all ammo sales, the extra 11% tax plus the approx $50 Dros fee on firearms--then have to wait 10 days before you can pick up the firearm you end up paying more taxes/fees than you pay for the item.
That is their goal-- to make people stop buying firearms and ammo. It is "gun control" in just a reverse manner.
Are you sure you live there? Sounds more like you like in Australia to me if that's what you are paying :ROFLMAO:

I am more concerned about the cost of out of Big Game State Tags than my ammo Cost. I hope I live long enough to shoot up what I have.
I agree with you completely. Tags are getting more expensive every year because their demand increases as well.
I hope I’m around long enough to use up what I have. Some evenings when sitting there pondering this or that, it’s a sobering thought to have more road behind you than in front of you. There are a few hunts I really want to fit in while I’m able, and a couple I’d like to try and repeat. I’m fine now, and in good health. However time seems to pass faster and faster as we go down this road. I don’t foresee looking back and complaining about the cost of a pound of powder(but it has gotten out of hand). I’ll remember that moose, elk, bear, or huge hog. Just one of my ramblings, overlook me.

Used to shoot once or twice a week before prices went sky high. I have cut shooting down to maybe once or twice a month. have gone to 600 yard competitions less than I used to. Prices won't be like it used to be, we need to adapt to it, unfortunately it has not been as fun as it used to be with less shooting. Oh well. I just hope prices will come down a notch soon.

check out the price on these .

I have two 50 count boxes to go , the ones on the right . I liked how they were packed , I'd grab a box , and just put it in my pocket . now with the bulk packs I need to think of a way to carry them in my pocket . I've been thinking on using a pill bottle . how are you guys carrying some with you ?

P2140578.JPG

check out the price on these .

I have two 50 count boxes to go , the ones on the right . I liked how they were packed , I'd grab a box , and just put it in my pocket . now with the bulk packs I need to think of a way to carry them in my pocket . I've been thinking on using a pill bottle . how are you guys carrying some with you ?

View attachment 22032
I use quart size freezer Ziploc bags. Cheap and abundant.

JD338

I'm still shooting using up my current supplies, but powder prices currently after another big jump are absolutely disgusting. Guess when the time comes I'll have to sell off some things I'm not using to buy more powder and keep shooting. I'm not laying out $400-$500 of my spending money for a jug of powder.

Back