110 AB & 100 ScirroccoII

lanman

Beginner
Dec 3, 2011
Here are a couple of the recovered bullets I have.
100grain scirroccoII and a pair of 110 Accubonds.

The scirrocco is somewhat deceiving. While the AB's look better, the scirrocco actually retained more % of weight.

One AccuBond was 65 and one 68 grains.
the scirrocco was 66.

100_5082.JPG

100_5081.JPG

100_5083.JPG

Lanman, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting these pictures. Both the Scirocco and the AccuBond are fine bullets that will provide excellent performance when it matters.

DrMike":16sbvey1 said:
Lanman, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting these pictures. Both the Scirocco and the AccuBond are fine bullets that will provide excellent performance when it matters.

Yeah, they both look excellent and being there is some blood on them, they worked well enough to hold the animals down and get that bullet out of them!!!!

Thanks for posting them. Those 257's are some great performers when fed good bullets. Scotty

They are great bullets. Welcome to the forum.

beretzs":330lm1d3 said:
Yeah, they both look excellent and being there is some blood on them, they worked well enough to hold the animals down and get that bullet out of them!!!!

Thanks for posting them. Those 257's are some great performers when fed good bullets. Scotty

Scotty, Its hard to find a test subject that can hold on to the bonded .257's.. Takes a pretty good sized pig and a front shoulder bone or two usually.. One of the accubonds was donated by a coyote who didn't want it anymore. Stem to stern and cross body. shot in right front shoulder, recovered under the skin exiting the left ham. I've used them on several deer as well, but never recovered a bullet from them.

It does seem like it would be the case. With the better bullets out there not many deer are going to hold them on normal shots.

CatskillCrawler":2b0p06ug said:
Very nice. I certainly hope I can get the ABs to work in my 257Bob.

Which cartridge where these fired from? MV?

from a 28" barreled 25-06 Ackley. The scirrocco was 3400 at the muzzle. The AB's were hotter.

lanman

Welcome to the forum, glad you are here.

Those bllets are tough and held up well from your 25-06AI.
Thanks for your report and pictures.

The 25-06AI is a very cool round. 8)

JD338

I recovered an AB from my .25/06 and it looks just like that. It was a broadside shot on a 5x5 muley from about 175 yards. He never moved an inch.

Wincheringen":12fw6ces said:
I recovered an AB from my .25/06 and it looks just like that. It was a broadside shot on a 5x5 muley from about 175 yards. He never moved an inch.

Post a picture! We like recovered bullet pictures, especially from game. :mrgreen:

JD338

Back