Getting paid to hunt moose?

Sign me up!

I’ll do it for 6 grand !

Lol.

Very glad they are hunting to stop the over browsing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another example of non-hunters "fixing" what they have screwed up. No one ever said that bureaucrats could reason, much less make sense.

DrMike":2l9sx3kf said:
Another example of non-hunters "fixing" what they have screwed up. No one ever said that bureaucrats could reason, much less make sense.
Like has been said many times before,( quote ) You Just Can't Fix Stupid ( unquote )

truck driver":1bp72lkv said:
Like has been said many times before, "You Just Can't Fix Stupid"

That may be true, but you CAN numb it for a bit with a good whack by a 2x4...

Has the Prime Minister gone mad?!?
Or could he be that daft?!?
Sign me up! I'll do it for them, and won't cost as much, either! LOL

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Guy, in 2013 and 2014, I was part of a group who made a proposal to Nova Scotia to "sell" moose hunts, allowing first nation tribe members to receive pay for guiding these hunts, as well as the first nation tribes receiving all the meat and hides, with the head being sent along with the hunter if they wanted it. The money they would receive from selling the hunts would pay for the reforestation, therefore they would not have to incur any costs for reforestation, the first nation people would receive income from guiding and meat from the harvest, with zero costs to Nova Scotia to harvest them--and-- the reforestation costs would be paid for.

they choose the plan your reading about in your original post here. And one of the arguments against our plan was they did not want to sell "trophy hunts". Eliminating them is o.k., as long as they are not shot by hunters--say what ?

However, Newfoundland did listen. Although their "problem" was a bit different. They were having high moose/ vehicle collisions . They did increase hunting permits and extended the season. They are not only receiving money to pay for reforestation but motor vehicle accidents are also down---- go figure

Wow is all a person can say to what they are doing. Unbelievable waste of time and resources when as Thankful Otter stated, a practical approach was suggested and turned down. Our governments at work obviously.

Obvious case of, " Politicians" knowing they're smarter than John Q. Public,
and they have a much better plan in store than what everyone else can come up with for the moment.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Cheyenne,

Social pressure is likely a greater deterrent to management issues than logic is a motivating force. The fear that non-hunters (city-dwellers (?)) would be offended by the thought of shooting an animal (e.g. a moose) as a trophy, whereas paying for government sponsored hunts is essentially unseen. The wolf cull in northern BC is okay, as long as it operates under the radar. However, if the Ministry of the Environment should encourage hunters to shoot more wolves, the outcry from Vancouver and Victoria would be so great that government would be politically threatened. Social currents are more powerful than we imagine, I fear. Logic? Somehow it doesn't count. We can always raise taxes and spend more of "our" money is the politicians common refrain.

Cheyenne - I think your proposed solution makes far more sense!

If I hunted under that plan... Could I maybe talk you out of a moose backstrap though? :grin:

Antlers on the wall are fine and dandy, but... backstraps in the skillet.... mmmm!

Guy

very nicely stated Dr Mike.

Guy, backstops in the skillet are good, but dont forget that the nose and eyes are delicacies . When you fellows down south make headcheese you use a pigs head, but we do the same thing with a moose head.

Also, didn't you fellows in Alaska, catch some flack when culling wolves using helicopters ?

Anyway, back to Guy's op and Dr Mikes response. We are under constant pressure to discontinue "trophy hunting" of any/all animal's. As sad as it is, Dr Mike has "nailed it" in his post.

Rodger Amen!

Back