Week in Ontario

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
079d58f511d41c6253ab87815599261f.jpg

Plane dropped us at 9:30 Saturday morning, unpacked, rigged lines, signed hold harmless, signed boater safety papers, fishing by 10:30, and lunch ready by 1. A couple walleye and a couple pike. I’d estimate I caught close to 300 fish during the week. I have had 1000 fish weeks, but we also had temps between 37-83f. Rain every other day. Wind was all over. None, too much, not changing, constantly changing...species included walleye, pike, whitefish and perch.

Was a good reset from the daily routine. Saw 4 moose and 2 bear on the drive in. While in camp, saw none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks to have been a great time. Good that you had the time to catch a few fish. Sounds as if you have great weather. :shock:

Nice. Where did you go/what outfitter?

We had a poor week of fishing last year, and an incredible amount of flies (large non-biting but covering every surface), which I've not had on any previous trips. It was so bad my wife and daughters vowed never to go again...

We went to Expeditions-North.com
On Lake Nagagami. Accommodations are modern bush( running water, toilets, sauna, gas stove, 24 hr electric, refrigerator, gas grill/fish fryer...shhhh satellite Wifi - limited bandwidth,plenty to get weather reports, you won’t get phone calls or Netflix...I’ve taken my 80 year old in laws, 11 yr old niece...co-workers... easy camp.

A reference point, the lake is similar in size to Higgins Lake. 7 miles wide, 7 miles long, perimeter of the lake is 33 miles.
Www.anglersatlas.com/place/Nagagami-lake
The map was last surveyed in 1971 and I know of a number of modern discrepancies. I have gps location on a hole at 105 ft they missed in the survey.

The thing I like about the size of the lake, if there is a hatch on the SW corner, there is not a hatch on the main body of the lake... so we have had large hatches that appeared to shutdown fishing in parts of the lake, so we just move to other parts. Walleye are pervasive. You can catch them nearly anywhere in the lake. What we since learns is the fish move to feed on the hatches and we switch to fly rods and have a blast catching whitefish and walleye on flyrods. Adams irresistible seems to be a fly for many situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back