2019 Success

.300winmag

Handloader
Oct 17, 2011
Was fortunate enough to take a bear and Bull this year with my .300 win. Mag and 215 Berger’s. They performed very well, as usual. Couldn’t be more blessed to have a wife that allows me time each year to be in my “safe place” up in the mountains. Huge thanks to family and friends for the help, support and resources to make this years season a success! Bull at 432 yards, bear at 408, not real long shots but when adrenaline is pumping and a life is on the line, pressures on and last thing I want is for an animal to suffer. Happy both my animals this year went quick.

Bear video:
https://vimeo.com/370217251

Bull Video:
https://vimeo.com/370217851

Attachments

• B9BCFA5F-18A0-415E-BB19-36AB2D23C380.jpeg
    B9BCFA5F-18A0-415E-BB19-36AB2D23C380.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5,487
  • A9890690-F4F4-435C-8804-696742295A39.jpeg
    A9890690-F4F4-435C-8804-696742295A39.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 5,487
.300winmag":3qssloq1 said:
Was fortunate enough to take a bear and Bull this year with my .300 win. Mag and 215 Berger’s. They performed very well, as usual. Couldn’t be more blessed to have a wife that allows me time each year to be in my “safe place” up in the mountains. Huge thanks to family and friends for the help, support and resources to make this years season a success! Bull at 432 yards, bear at 408, not real long shots but when adrenaline is pumping and a life is on the line, pressures on and last thing I want is for an animal to suffer. Happy both my animals this year went quick.

Bear video:

Bull Video:

WOW! Just saw these! Awesome vids and great shooting! Congrats on both animals.

Any thoughts on the bullets? What'd they hit and any bullet recoveries?

Those are great videos. Congrats on your successful season and good shooting! Nicely done.

JD338

SJB358":33l0hceo said:
.300winmag":33l0hceo said:

Bear video:

Bull Video:

Thanks Scotty, can’t believe in a few weeks I’ll be chasing bulls up there again.

Bear was hit behind the shoulder, about 1/3 down from the spine, exited right in front on the other shoulder. He was dead in seconds, lungs destroyed and about tennis ball exit, taxidermist wasn’t real happy with the exit wound :|

Bull I was honestly surprised he didn’t drop at the shot, shot placement was dang near perfect in my opinion, broke the shoulder (which I always like to do on elk) stopped in off shoulder. Second shot I was picking thru shot windows a bit and put it high and forward. That one exited, again about tennis sized exit. Didn’t recover any Bullets. I was exhausted getting that bull dressed. It was steep as hell, dusty and by yourself you’re more worried about the work to be done than science. 215’s didn’t disappoint again, I’m flat out sold on those suckers. They flat work.

This makes 2 bears, 5 antelope, at least 4 elk, 2 deer and quite a few coyotes shot with these bullets and they never make it far. From cow elk at 157 yards to antelope over 1K, they’ve always worked, and worked well, and they shoot pretty dang good too

.300winmag":3q1o49wk said:
SJB358":3q1o49wk said:
.300winmag":3q1o49wk said:

Bear video:

Bull Video:

Thanks Scotty, can’t believe in a few weeks I’ll be chasing bulls up there again.

Bear was hit behind the shoulder, about 1/3 down from the spine, exited right in front on the other shoulder. He was dead in seconds, lungs destroyed and about tennis ball exit, taxidermist wasn’t real happy with the exit wound :|

Bull I was honestly surprised he didn’t drop at the shot, shot placement was dang near perfect in my opinion, broke the shoulder (which I always like to do on elk) stopped in off shoulder. Second shot I was picking thru shot windows a bit and put it high and forward. That one exited, again about tennis sized exit. Didn’t recover any Bullets. I was exhausted getting that bull dressed. It was steep as hell, dusty and by yourself you’re more worried about the work to be done than science. 215’s didn’t disappoint again, I’m flat out sold on those suckers. They flat work.

This makes 2 bears, 5 antelope, at least 4 elk, 2 deer and quite a few coyotes shot with these bullets and they never make it far. From cow elk at 157 yards to antelope over 1K, they’ve always worked, and worked well, and they shoot pretty dang good too

Great report. My little brother just got his 300 Win built and had both the 200 ABs and 215 Berger’s ready to try. He used the 200 ABs first and it shot really well so he’s sticking with them for this year but I suspect he will try the Berger’s next year when he has more time. I’ve never been a user of them but you’ve creamed enough stuff and reported excellent results to discount them.

SJB358":3aegfgds said:
.300winmag":3aegfgds said:
SJB358":3aegfgds said:
.300winmag":3aegfgds said:

Bear video:

Bull Video:

Great report. My little brother just got his 300 Win built and had both the 200 ABs and 215 Berger’s ready to try. He used the 200 ABs first and it shot really well so he’s sticking with them for this year but I suspect he will try the Berger’s next year when he has more time. I’ve never been a user of them but you’ve creamed enough stuff and reported excellent results to discount them.

He’ll be happy with the 200gr AB, it is pretty hard to beat those bullets for hunting.

SJB358":1xeevvi6 said:
.300winmag":1xeevvi6 said:
SJB358":1xeevvi6 said:
.300winmag":1xeevvi6 said:

Bear video:

Bull Video:

He’ll be happy with the 200gr AB, it is pretty hard to beat those bullets for hunting.

.300winmag":2g6n58ss said:
SJB358":2g6n58ss said:

He was pretty danged happy. The old 300 Win worked just like it’s supposed too!

Back