New Thompson Center Venture .270 Win

rabbitman52":bcn1h7im said:
I have a 300 wsm and had a 25-06 both are very accurate you’ll like it. Also have ruger American.308 it’s very accurate also but flimsy stock. I would rate the tc’s more favorable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the TC stock is more favorable as well.
All of what you have are exceptionally accurate rifles.
I do like the Ruger Americans, just not as much as my TC

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

jimbires":2lkih074 said:
HAWKEYESATX":2lkih074 said:
jimbires":2lkih074 said:
I think you'll be well pleased . how does the trigger feel on it ?

years ago I played with a savage axis for a new young shooter . I got the rifle to shoot pretty well , I was pleasantly surprised . I remember the trigger being very heavy . I had to really pay attention to trigger pull when I was shooting it .
It's a nice pull. One of the lightest I've felt on an economy rifle.
Now, I had to tighten the Weaver style bases before I set my scope. I had read from other posts that their bases were semi loose and they had not so great groups.
So, I checked them right away. They're good now.

Buddy , that sounds great . please let us know how it shoots when you get her out .

I have a 30'ish year old girl customer that hunts with the TC rifles . I don't remember what model she likes , but she swears by them .she has a couple of them , and I know she bought another in 30.06 through the summer .
I will of course do a range report when I get the chance. I'm excited to see what I can get out of it!
If it performs as I expect, then I will definitely get a TC Compass, and try one of them out!
I love to see that women hunt as well.

rabbitman52":22n302fs said:
These rifles are very easy to do a trigger job on by cutting a coil off the spring in the trigger assembly. I found a video on you tube showing how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for letting me know rabbitman52, I found the video.
Also found how to adjust the weight up or down video.

Of all the rifles out there, in that price range the T/C Venture's stock smokes em all..... The Hogue panels give
it a feel that none of the others seam to be able to duplicate. Again the triggers are great and most folks prefer them Rugers/Savage types imeadiately. My 243 is
Set at 2 3/4 lb and as crisp when it breaks as a Jewel is!
The outta the box accuracy will rival a Tikka; T/C's rifling
takes a back seat to none of them again. All things considered the T/C just because of its Stock n Trigger has
an edge right out of the gate!
Oh did I mention we still have a new in the box one left over? It qualifys for the " Nosler Members" discount......
If anyone is interested in one let us know!
E

I have to agree with you 35 Whelen!
The stock, and the trigger are exceptional for the "budget" rifle class.
It compars to my Browning A Bolt II a lot.
S&W and TC have put out a great product, in my opinion.

I finally got around to making the trigger pull a little less, and that took the creep out of the trigger. WOW! Just by doing that, it feels amazing!
Light and crisp!
Can't wait to do a range report!

Back