Either working on to many guns, or getting old.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
About 2 months ago I traded a savage axis for a wood stocked 98 Mauser in 06. When I pulled the stock off it is cracked behind the recoil lug, bummer. It's at a buddies house and we are gonna glue it and cross bolt it so hopefully will be good as new when done.

So last week I'm at a local flea market that always has some guns, and there on the table is a butler creek stock with a kimber recoil pad, for a large ring Mauser. $18, how can you not grab it? Fits like a glove and since the bore on this gun looks excellent I was anxious to try it out. Went to put the scope bases and rings back on and couldn't find them?? :x Went through where they should of been, TWICE. Spent at least 30 minutes looking where they shouldn't of been. Nothing. Sat in the chair racking my brain as to what I could've possibly done with them, and totally disgusted at my obvious stupidity. All of a sudden it hit me. That gun had see thru mounts on it and Cloverleaf thought he could make use of them so I gave them to him 6 weeks ago. :lol:

So still didn't shoot it, but that should be remedied soon enough.

Yup, stuff like that seems to happen to me all the time. Some days can be like Christmas. I'm finding things I had no idea I possessed; and things I just knew I had appear to have pulled some kind of disappearing act. Hard to keep abreast of everything.

I'm getting there myself some days Dr Mike, but this one took the cake. How in the world can I look for something for over 30 minutes and it never occurred to me I didn't even possess what I was looking for. And it wasn't like I was looking for something that I owned 2 yrs ago. Sheesh. :oops:

Hate to admit it but found a pistol I’d hidden when leaving on a quick trip a couple years back.
Knew I had it but couldn’t remember where I hid it. Man.
Was moving some stuff and a mag bonked me on the head.
I kind of went “huh?”
Then I thought “aw man, I remember sticking it up there now”
Guess you could say it just hit me. :lol:

I'm still looking for that 18yr old girl I married...I "suspect" it s in the same place my 20yr old "body" is! :)

I heard R. W. Shambach (Evangelist) say one time he was at a meeting and a young man came up to him and said "Brother Shambach, I'd like to lay hands on you and pray, I have the Gift of Turning Your Age back 20yrs. RW said he quickly took out a pen and wrote something on a piece of paper. He said "Lay them hands on me boy! and when you're done go to this address. There's an Old Woman going to answer the door, pray for her w/o saying anything first!" :)

Yes, I can agree with many of the comments on this subject :oops:. I was at Walmart picking up a few things this past Monday came back to my car, opened it got in an received a phone call after the conversation I could not find my keys :roll:. After searching for over 20 minutes I had to call my daughter to go to my house get the spare keys and bring them to me :mrgreen:.
When I got home I found the key between the seat and the consul which I had checked numerous times in the 20 minute search :oops:.

Blessings,
Dan

I still can't find one of my favorite knives that I laid down some where.
Sometimes I think my wife moves things just so I'll hunt for them because when I ask her if she has seen what I'm looking for she will say I put it in your drawer, Hmmmm, and I though I was getting old timers early.

Rodger, I too have mentioned that to my wife and she just gives a scowl :lol:.

Blessings
Dan

My issue is I’ll be scouring the house looking for something and find something else I either lost or forgot about and my original project goes out the window to mess around with the newly discovered item...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back