Deer Accurate.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Bench shooting is to see what the load and rifle will do. I spent a fair amount of any shooting time last fall practicing field positions, and a decent amount of that time practicing with my open sighted rifles.

Little rusty but shot 8 shots this evening. Sitting on my butt using a sling wrap and propped off my knees.

Shot the 1920 first. I check shots with a little 8x pair of binoculars and realized after the first 2 shots I was being sloppy. Close enough isn't good enough if you're trying to hit what you're looking at. The next 2 were much better.

Next up was the 348. It done well. First shot was on, a called high second shot, then put the next 2 right in there. That load is 200 gr Hornady with 57.3 gr of Varget running 2530.

Farthest shot from center was the high shot with the 348 at 2.5" high. If that center represents mid height tight behind the shoulder, those would be 8 very dead deer. :)

Here's the 2 old geezers this evening after providing me with some fun entertainment. :grin:

Very nice and super practical shooting.

Maybe you oughta send that 1920 my way. I can see how it does in the Va air :lol:

Any of those will mean meat in the freezer at those ranges. Fine work on your part.

SJB358":fazinoyo said:
Very nice and super practical shooting.

Maybe you oughta send that 1920 my way. I can see how it does in the Va air :lol:

I hear spring pollen gets pretty bad in VA and it can get humid. It would probably develop allergies and a cough so it better stay here. :p :)

DrMike":fazinoyo said:
Any of those will mean meat in the freezer at those ranges. Fine work on your part.

Thanks. Need some more practice once a week or every other week at 50 yds, then I'll stretch it out using field positions.

Back