I'm getting the itch for a new rifle.

brikwhitt

Beginner
Oct 9, 2016
I've been checking out the Christensen Arms Ridge Lines. I'm thinking of another 280 Ack Imp for a hunting rifle. does anyone have experience with this rifle, and if so, how do you like them?

I have handled a few of them. The Mesa and the Ridge line. The Ridge line is more of what I am looking for. I love my other 280 ack imp, but it is a heavy bench rifle. I want something lighter to carry to the stand. My bench rifle is a one hole shooter. if I buy one, I'm hoping for a sub MOA rifle with a similar load.

Tikka, Bergara, Browning, Weatherby would be my high end rifles.
Middle road Savage, Thompson Center.

They all have ample room for accuracy. A few guarantee there accuracy.

Depends on your taste. A lot of guys like the Tikka's, I can see why.

I've been a fan of Weatherby for years.

Just suggestions.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

HAWKEYESATX":1xrimivb said:
Tikka, Bergara, Browning, Weatherby would be my high end rifles.
Middle road Savage, Thompson Center.

They all have ample room for accuracy. A few guarantee there accuracy.

Depends on your taste. A lot of guys like the Tikka's, I can see why.

I've been a fan of Weatherby for years.

Just suggestions.

Hawk

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

yeah I know all the rifle manufacturers above have a following. Some of them I like, some I don't. nothing against them other than me having my own personal preference.

I made a decision on Christensen Arms, so I was looking for people who have experience with them to give me their opinion. Thanks for the heads up though.

I've got two. I haven't shot the 2nd one yet. The Creed was sighted in at 50yds with 2 shots, moved to 100yds, shot then adjusted. Shot 3 shot group and then for fun shot each gong from 200 thru 550. Point is - it responded to scope adjustments with precision. I've shot rocks out to 600 yds with no complaints. I was so pleased that I purchased another. I know they are a fair amount of $ but I have no buyers remorse.

Teknys":31jzu0a8 said:
I've got two. I haven't shot the 2nd one yet. The Creed was sighted in at 50yds with 2 shots, moved to 100yds, shot then adjusted. Shot 3 shot group and then for fun shot each gong from 200 thru 550. Point is - it responded to scope adjustments with precision. I've shot rocks out to 600 yds with no complaints. I was so pleased that I purchased another. I know they are a fair amount of $ but I have no buyers remorse.

Thanks for your input. I really like the feel and weight of the ridge line. Wasn't a lot about it I didn't like. I'm going to kick it around in my head a little longer and play the wait and see game. My nephew has the Mesa in a 6.5 PRC which he loves. I may shoot his and see how I like it. Its a thing of beauty. I like the Ridge line better for a straight up hunting rig. again just a personal preference for me.

No first hand experience with them yet...
Waiting for them to build the Ridgeline left handed in the 6.5 PRC...as I believe that this is exactly what I am looking for without having to build it as a full custom job...which would definitely be pricier!

Kimber makes a nice 280AI in a lightweight hunter. My wife has the same rifle in a 7/08 and it's an easy 1/2-3/4 MOA rifle with handloads. Not bad for a 6# rifle. I was going to get one in a 280AI until I came across a great deal on a Rem 700 KS in 280...

Back