Looks like I goofed.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Who would've thought this?? Another scratch your head crazy price. Ran across this rifle on GB several days back and it caught my attention because it was already at a couple thousand. It just keeps going up. I don't get it.

Had this same M70 rifle at my house adjusting the trigger summer of 2020. In a 308 and prettier wood than this one. Man had offered it to me for $500. I passed. Was worth it but wasn't really a rifle that stood out for me. Guess I should've bought it and put it on GB with the word "rare" in the title. Holy cow. o_O

I was in South East Europe or where it meets Africa for vacation a few times.
Standard phrase: I mak you the best price!
We call it camel market over here.

A German saying is: every day an idiot wakes up!

Seeing those prices I am wondering if it is the one buying those guns, or us not selling ours...

I’d venture a guess that the owner has a straw bidder or two trying to work up a frenzy. It can be a successful auction technique, if your ethical standards are at a level that allow it.

Saw 3 Model 70 Featherweights on consignment at a LGS yesterday, in 7mm-08, 280 Rem and 308 Win. All wearing scopes (possibly older gloss Bushnells), for $1200 each CDN. If they had pretty wood, perhaps I should be buying and posting on GB! LOL

Saw 3 Model 70 Featherweights on consignment at a LGS yesterday, in 7mm-08, 280 Rem and 308 Win. All wearing scopes (possibly older gloss Bushnells), for $1200 each CDN. If they had pretty wood, perhaps I should be buying and posting on GB! LOL
If that was Corlanes, I should be grabbing the 280. Can't have too many of them.

Other than the 280 which I wouldn't call rare, but somewhat of an anomaly, that's still way to high in my mind for what they were bringing just a yr ago. Of course I seen one in a 280 recently on a table and asked the guy what the price was........$1500. I hope I didn't offend with my immediate WOOO. I couldn't help it. The next week he didn't have it, so I'm assuming it sold.

There seems to be no end to what people are willing to pay. At some point you'd think there would be an end to the money? I haven't gone to a live in person gun auction in probably 2 yrs. You drive there, sit for several hours, and never even get to raise your hand. Everything starts high and goes up from there on the good guns.

I was browsing around couple days ago and put this one on my watch list. Nothing extra special but would be a nice rifle in a chambering I'm after, and the price wasn't bad at all at the time. Haha. Fat chance. Look where it's at now with still 4 days left. This will be another one that will end up way over what I'd pay for that rifle.

I was browsing around couple days ago and put this one on my watch list. Nothing extra special but would be a nice rifle in a chambering I'm after, and the price wasn't bad at all at the time. Haha. Fat chance. Look where it's at now with still 4 days left. This will be another one that will end up way over what I'd pay for that rifle.

Hey, it's only a tenth of the price of the first one. 🙂

Hey, it's only a tenth of the price of the first one. 🙂
True. Can you imagine? I've heard of long-term investments, but I don't think the idea is to take 2 generations to get back to even. Must of been a competition between a bunch of pot smokers and they thought they were ordering pizzas. That would make more sense.

No it wasn't Corlanes...

And $1200 Cdn is only about $942 USD at the current exchange rate. Still less than $1500, or $7500! LOL

Back