Accubond 160 gr Broken Tips

This has happened in the past. Years ago, and it was traced to one employee who was trying to speed up the process of making the AccuBond bullets.

If this is a new batch of bullets, the problem may well have re-surfaced.

Personally, I've never had any trouble with them, and I started using AccuBond bullets back about 2009. I hope you get some satisfaction from Nosler.

Regards, Guy

I ran into this problem some years back. Unfortunately, because I'm across the border, there was no solution other than Nosler sending me a hat. I used the broken bullets in load development and switched to another brand for that particular rifle.

I had that same problem during the height of the pandemic with 180 G in 30 caliber. I called Nosler and explained what was happening, I told them I would mail them in if they didn't believe me. The person in tech admitted there was a problem with some and they would send me a free package. It took over a year before i got them but I did get them as promised from Nosler.

Like others have said its happened in the past, i had some in 6.5 that i had picked up in trade or at a gun show years back. Never worried about contacting Nosler as I knew they weren't fresh off the shelf.

Sent an e-mail approximately 1 week ago and got a canned message saying that I would get a response from someone in a day or two.
This has happened in the past. Years ago, and it was traced to one employee who was trying to speed up the process of making the AccuBond bullets.

If this is a new batch of bullets, the problem may well have re-surfaced.

Personally, I've never had any trouble with them, and I started using AccuBond bullets back about 2009. I hope you get some satisfaction from Nosler.

Regards, Guy
Thanks, hopefully they will e-mail me back. These bullets are hard to find around here. Makes me wonder if the other bullet tips are brittle and will break in my magazine from the recoil.

I know it doesn't help you , but I've had this broken tip problem with this bullet too . I used them doing pressure test ladders , barrel fouling , barrel break in , things like that .

you could try slightly pushing on the good bullet tips to see if any are ready to break off .

I have seen this too but it was clear back in 06-07, with some of the very first runs of Accubonds. Per the packaging in your photos, these bullets of yours are definitely of that approximate vintage.

Newer lots have not had that issue in my personal experience. Perhaps use those with broken tips for barrel fouling shots or for practice rounds. It’s a pity as was mentioned by another comment, those particular bullets are a unicorn right now.

The AccuBond is a wonderful bullet, I’ve had wonderful performances on big game with it in several calibers.

I'd be interested to see those ran into water jugs at 2900-3000 fps... just out of curiosity.

A bonded wide mouth hollowpoint violent initial expansion with plenty of penetration?

I had a tip come out of a 180 AB I had loaded in my .300 WSM a few years ago. I was curious to see how accuracy was affected so I shot it at 200 yards. It hit within 2 inches if my aiming point, which I didn’t think was bad. Not sure what I was expecting but I found that interesting.

They replaced some for me recently, I had 3 bullets that where older than yours, they sent me a 5 pack of new bullets. 5 for 3, not a bad deal at all. They will respond, talk to Mike Seay. He will hook you up.

Back