Lawn mowers

Wish I could use those type of mowers I would get the benefit of free fertilizer to go with the mowing :)>).
Instead, I have to use this with the mower under the belly.

Attachments

• NCM_0227.jpeg
    NCM_0227.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 12
Showing off my ignorance here a little. Back in my day we couldn't have used a hot wire with horses. One jolt and they'd have bolted for the next township. Must be new technology :rolleyes:. Hows that work? Nice pasture though....;) CL

Both horses are pushing 20 Years, been raised on hot wire. The bay will occasionally test to see if wire is hot. IF not she will walk right through it. Corey, the palomino will not touch it. The wire in the yard was strictly for show. Not hot. They see the wire and just assume it’s hot as long as there is plenty to eat. They’ll eat the yard down in a day or two, then I’ll come in and mow. We only let them on the yard for two hours, then off. Kinda like getting desert after dinner.

Smart man. Mowing lawn is one of the biggest wastes of time man ever invented. And now with current gas prices, it's expensive on top of time consuming.
Admittedly I mow more than I'd need to for myself but am also mowing my dad's yard for the time being.

What you are calling a bay in that picture, I'd call a buckskin, but I could be wrong. Had 2 that color both quarter horse breeding. One I wouldn't give a nickel to have back, the other I'd give serious money to have back.

I see a dun and a palomino.
Must be the resolution on my phone. No matter. Good looking cow chasers.

Vince

I see a dun and a palomino.
Must be the resolution on my phone. No matter. Good looking cow chasers.

Vince

Ha! The ole eeny meeny miney moe sometimes of horse colors. I've been away from it long enough that I have to think about it. You could be right, as dun's come in that same color but with a dorsal stripe. I can't see for sure if that horse has the dorsal stripe, but it very well may.

This horse is a classic dun in my opinion. Even has the vertical stripe right at his withers they sometimes come with.

You know what Vince 2? I believe you're right..........I blew that picture up that Salmonchaser put up, and what I thought was showing up as a fat crease on that horses back does look like a black stripe. Salmonchaser can confirm, but good eye and call. You all got me thinking on horses again daggonit. They're more expensive than rifles.

She definitely has the black stripe, I could go with dun. The horses came with Catherine and her daughter, there were four of them. Me, I own my own saddle, use it just often enough to remember which direction to point it when I throw it on. Now that I'm not in Alaska all summer I'm sure I'll be doing more. Catherine wants to ride into the Minum over 4th of July.

She definitely has the black stripe, I could go with dun. The horses came with Catherine and her daughter, there were four of them. Me, I own my own saddle, use it just often enough to remember which direction to point it when I throw it on. Now that I'm not in Alaska all summer I'm sure I'll be doing more. Catherine wants to ride into the Minum over 4th of July.
“The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.”

Will Rogers

Nice looking horses SC. We used to have 4 so I know all about the mowing, the care and the vet bills. I don't miss any of it.
These days I don't mind mowing the food plots.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_235025.jpg
    IMG_20220613_235025.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 3
Back at it again this year. Wasn’t even an April fools joke but Ive been reminded not to push my luck!

Attachments

• IMG_8516.jpeg
    IMG_8516.jpeg
    954.2 KB · Views: 8
Maybe could've of should of mowed last week since now the April showers have come AND grass has already jumped 6inches. The mower deck has been serviced and is ready for install. Just the tractor loader is easier to use with the deck off and I dug out a flowering bush with a 4' base and loaded it on a dump trailer saturday to take to the yard waste facility.

Showing off my ignorance here a little. Back in my day we couldn't have used a hot wire with horses. One jolt and they'd have bolted for the next township. Must be new technology :rolleyes:. Hows that work? Nice pasture though....;) CL
Never hotwired a horse. Heard of it done with cars, but not horses. :unsure:

Back