10 / 10 / 15 Range day 3006

nosler06":1fwm4q7x said:
Appologies for the multi posting not sure what happened there. Trying to figure out how to delete.

Thanks, Nosler06

I sent a PM

nosler06":3fzdyi49 said:
Appologies for the multi posting not sure what happened there. Trying to figure out how to delete.

Just being overly friendly! (y)

Ray, I've loaded for I guess three 30-06 rifles now, if you count a new barrel as a new rifle.

As others have mentioned, I would keep going up in powder charge until you can no longer get bullets to seat where you want them. I would guess you'll be able to get at least 57.5 or 58 grains IMR4350 in a 30-06 case with 165s. I doubt you'll see any pressure signs, but of course work up from where you left off to be sure. IMR4350 is a very safe powder for a 30-06 though, I don't think you can get into pressure problems with it.

joelkdouglas":3gsltgun said:
Ray, I've loaded for I guess three 30-06 rifles now, if you count a new barrel as a new rifle.

As others have mentioned, I would keep going up in powder charge until you can no longer get bullets to seat where you want them. I would guess you'll be able to get at least 57.5 or 58 grains IMR4350 in a 30-06 case with 165s. I doubt you'll see any pressure signs, but of course work up from where you left off to be sure. IMR4350 is a very safe powder for a 30-06 though, I don't think you can get into pressure problems with it.

Thanks JDK , maybe I'll increase after dear season.
I sighted my new scope with the factory ABs 165 and when I got to the 56 gr I had the same poi as with the factory, so I'll shoot again when it gets colder and see what happens.
I think all the shots away from the groups might be me or barrel heat.

Thanks , Ray

Back