140g Partitions - Factory Seconds... I'm sold

TNBillyEarl

Beginner
Jan 31, 2021
I've never found a Nosler bullet in any of my game, but I had an experience last week worth commenting on. For various reasons I chose to hunt w/ 140g Partitions this year from my 7mm-08. They were leaving my firearm at 2840 ft/sec and were confidence-buildingly accurate. (43g Varget) I took a nice deer two weeks ago at 115 yards through the limbs and such. He went maybe 50 yards and left an easy trail to follow - double lunged. I think to myself, "Self, good choice. Those factory seconds work just fine." Fast forward a few days and I come upon a 300lb feral hog. At 60 yards I put one through both lungs taking out 2 ribs. I put a second through both hams as he ran away at 75+ yards. He only made it another foot or two after the second shot. What so impressed me is that both of these shots exited the boar with the rib shot giving a decent sized exit hole. These hogs are thick and stout and yet both bullets exited. While there was no blood trail, I'm so, so impressed with the power and performance. I took a pic of the off-side.

20221207_164629.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't shot factory seconds in years, only because down here the are hard to get. My experience with another brand of factory seconds is that they killed as dead as the factory firsts. Some may have had slight nose deformity (but buggar all), some had light scratches etc, but for the more part I could never spot any material difference in the seconds that would cause me to think they won't perform. I would buy them in heart beat if I could get them

Nice! Congratulations on the swine! That 140 Partition is a dandy, for sure. My daughter used it in a 7-08 for a big hog. It smashed both shoulders and gristle plates and settled in the gristle on the off side hide. Couldn’t have asked for better performance from a bullet. As you know, hogs are tough on projectiles.

Attachments

• 322082A3-989A-43A6-904B-69005DDF1428.jpeg
    322082A3-989A-43A6-904B-69005DDF1428.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 24
If I could get them across the border, I would undoubtedly use them. However, Homeland Security sees anyone living outside of the USA as a potential terrorist.
You just made it on a secret watch list at some 3 letter agency. Hope commercial flying isn’t in your plans..😂😂😂

I've never found a Nosler bullet in any of my game, but I had an experience last week worth commenting on. For various reasons I chose to hunt w/ 140g Partitions this year from my 7mm-08. They were leaving my firearm at 2840 ft/sec and were confidence-buildingly accurate. (43g Varget) I took a nice deer two weeks ago at 115 yards through the limbs and such. He went maybe 50 yards and left an easy trail to follow - double lunged. I think to myself, "Self, good choice. Those factory seconds work just fine." Fast forward a few days and I come upon a 300lb feral hog. At 60 yards I put one through both lungs taking out 2 ribs. I put a second through both hams as he ran away at 75+ yards. He only made it another foot or two after the second shot. What so impressed me is that both of these shots exited the boar with the rib shot giving a decent sized exit hole. These hogs are thick and stout and yet both bullets exited. While there was no blood trail, I'm so, so impressed with the power and performance. I took a pic of the off-side.

View attachment 18546

Congrats on your success! Partitions are fine bullets.

Regards, Guy

I've had excellent results with the blemished brass and bullets that I've bought from SPS over the years. Can't say the same for the seconds that I have bought from Midway. I'm estimating that 15-20 bullets out of 100 aren't useable. Those 15-20 I was using for case forming until I switched to the COW method for forming.

I still have approximately 200ea (2 boxes) .25 117 gr SPBT, 100ea (2 boxes) .338 215 gr SPBT, a 100ea (2 boxes) .358 225gr SPBT of the Midway seconds that I will give someone a deal on.

Back