150 gr Partition / 175 gr win powerpoint milk jug test

Cleveland48":14b7m5pt said:
Nice to see the old power point still hanging in there. When I was a kid and was only able to shoot factory loads, it was always the old style 130 silver tips. And also the 130 power point both in 270 winchester. I had alot of success with those two bullets. I'm probably the only person on this forum that has still yet to try the Partition, shot plenty of accubonds. Guess I'm gonna have to finally get a move on it and finally give the old Partition a shot. I'm still a sucker for old style bullets with exposed lead for whitetail. Maybe give them a go in the 30/06 or the little 275 rigby.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The 175 Partition with a case full of 17 is a ripper. Good for about 2650-2700 from a couple 7x57’s I’ve seen and man is that a hammer of a load Cleveland. Plus, it’s got some reach too, if you needed it.

Cleveland the exact same 130 powerpoint in a 270 is what I killed my first 13 whitetails with. Heck I liked them so much that when I started reloading for 270 the first bullets I purchased were the 130 powerpoints!!

SJB358":15jc41dr said:
Cleveland48":15jc41dr said:
Nice to see the old power point still hanging in there. When I was a kid and was only able to shoot factory loads, it was always the old style 130 silver tips. And also the 130 power point both in 270 winchester. I had alot of success with those two bullets. I'm probably the only person on this forum that has still yet to try the Partition, shot plenty of accubonds. Guess I'm gonna have to finally get a move on it and finally give the old Partition a shot. I'm still a sucker for old style bullets with exposed lead for whitetail. Maybe give them a go in the 30/06 or the little 275 rigby.

The 175 Partition with a case full of 17 is a ripper. Good for about 2650-2700 from a couple 7x57’s I’ve seen and man is that a hammer of a load Cleveland. Plus, it’s got some reach too, if you needed it.
That does sound very intriguing!

ReloadKy":3gom2jyv said:
Cleveland the exact same 130 powerpoint in a 270 is what I killed my first 13 whitetails with. Heck I liked them so much that when I started reloading for 270 the first bullets I purchased were the 130 powerpoints!!
I know there are plenty of stouter bullets, but that 130 power point has given me alot of bang flops on whitetail.

Cleveland48":1goycu0i said:
ReloadKy":1goycu0i said:
I know there are plenty of stouter bullets, but that 130 power point has given me alot of bang flops on whitetail.

The 130 gr. Partition in your 270 sure begs to be tried. It's a classic 270 bullet. Sacrilegious not to try it. I know there are maybe powders that would increase the speed over this one, but H4831 or H4831SC are like bread and butter. Work your loads up using Federal 215 Match primers.

6mm Remington":p0x60n5y said:
Cleveland48":p0x60n5y said:
ReloadKy":p0x60n5y said:

The 130 gr. Partition in your 270 sure begs to be tried. It's a classic 270 bullet. Sacrilegious not to try it. I know there are maybe powders that would increase the speed over this one, but H4831 or H4831SC are like bread and butter. Work your loads up using Federal 215 Match primers.
Unfortunately I have not owned a 270 in 13 years, which is sacrelidge I know. Just been caught up in trying different bores. I guess it's time I got another one! The 270 prolly ranks as my favorite caliber for whitetail out of all the ones I've tried.

I want to try the 130 Partition myself just have other stuff on the shelf right now. My 270 likes IMR 4831 but I have wanted to try the h4831 to compare.

Back