150gr N/P for .300 savage

Camper

Beginner
Nov 28, 2005
What is everyone's take on this bullet for this calibre?

Using 41gr of IMR 4895

winchester primer

Using for Deer size game.

Thanks
Camper

camper,

The 150 gr PT woould be a good choice for deer but the 150 gr AB ot BT would be better. These bullets will dump a lot more energy into the target and will give you quicker kills and shorter tracking jobs.
I personally feel that you wouldn't even need a premium bullet (PT or AB) because your load is only going to generate about 2600 fps MV. The BT's are perfect for this velocity range.

Regards,

JD338

Camper; If you want to use the 150 Partition in your 300 Savage, go right ahead!! I have a Remington 700 Classic in 300 Savage, And I have shot several deer now with that 150 Partition and Reloder 15. It is deadly accurate and no deer I have shot has gone more than 30 yards after I shot. The AccuBond would also be a good choice, I'm sure, but even at 300 Savage velocities, the 150 Ballistic tip can bloodshot a fair bit of good eating cuts. Regards, Eagleye.

on a scoped 300 savage, another very good choice is the 125gr balliistic tip. with a few loads published at over 3000fps this is a serious deer load. i have used it on good sized deer with excellent results. but the bullet i use for multi purpose hunting is the 150gr Partition, at 2650fps. when i hunt deer/bear/cougar with my open sighted mod99.

I like RL-15 and 165 Partitions
PhamilyFotoxxx.jpg

ZM

What is your velocity and energy with that load Zeke?

How is that performed on the deer you have shot?

Camper

Camper":2nx17mwp said:
What is your velocity and energy with that load Zeke?

How is that performed on the deer you have shot?

Camper

Velocity is 2450fps. Load is under book.

ZM

Back