200 NBT, 338WM

jason miller

Handloader
Sep 4, 2012
This bullet performed about like I expected. Retained weight after being shot into milk jugs at 20 yards is 130.6 grains. Expansion is wide and deep, with a good bit of the lead core still attached to the remaining shank/base. The bullet's muzzle velocity should have been right around 3000 fps, maybe a bit over, which caused very violent expansion. The first milk jug was ripped into two pieces. The bullet punched holes in both sides of its 5th jug, but must have bounced back off of the 6th, because it was found in the bottom of the 5th.

I would gladly post some, but I've tried before without success. I'm limited to my phone, as I don't have a computer here. Is it even possible to post pics from a phone?

WO7K8Ey.jpg

ERYM3zJ.jpg

Sounds like you had a good day out Jason!

That is particularly interesting from my point of view having just acquired my first 338WM. Thanks for posting.

- Bob

I have heard excellent reports of the 200 BT's from the 338's on elk, so I have no doubts its entirely suitable for all but the heaviest boned animals. I ran the 200 AB's one Fall at around 3050 and man, I was hoping to put one in an elk, but didn't connect that Fall. Might have to try them out again. They do shoot really well in my 338 Win Mag.

Back