2010 Hunting Pictures

Outstanding!

So - what do you do with a Javalina after it's down? Good to eat? What kind of "trophy mount" is normal? I've never seen one in the wild, but they've always fascinated me. Cool chompers on that rascal...

Thanks guys.

The meat is an interesting story. I tried Javelina as is, cut it up and grilled it. HORRIBLE.

So, after speaking with some experienced Javelina hunters, they told me about Denmark Sausage in Phoenix. I had to bring in deboned meat, pick out what I wanted and they could make anything sausage related (hotdogs, summer sausage, jerky, bratwurst, polish sausage, chorizo, etc). They mix it w/30% pork.

The end result WAS DELICIOUS (I had summer sausage and jerky made).

As far as mounting is concerned, here’s a pic. The middle was my first Javelina taken in 1994. The hair is raised ready to kill (funny though, they are a pretty docile animal with horrible eyesight. People think they charge but it turns out they can’t see). The one on the left is hair down. That one is newer (2008) with the skull to boot. And yes, you do see the garage door opener buttons in the pic. My wife gave me full authority over the garage…but that’s it. So I take full advantage of it.

100_2276.jpg

Swamp Hunter,

Nice pics--gators and deer. Now that's variety!

Guy, great looking 204.

To the bird crowd, I’ve never Turkey hunted. But after seeing those beautiful pics, I’m thinking about applying next year. Awesome pics of a ghostly species…

Mike, some fine looking Louisiana racks in that pic. Congrats!

Two Nevada coyotes. I took mine with my 300 SAUM using 180 Accubonds (166 Yards) and Randy Anderson's Catnip call.

RobYote.jpg

My buddy took this one with his 30-30 (60 yards). This one was called in with Rick Paillet's Tweety call.

DJYote1.jpg

What a great Friday. Finally ran into some NV coyotes (not big, especially w/out good fur--temp around 100 degrees) but still a BLAST!

How do you follow-up two beautiful bear pictures??? I guess you can't but here are two from an early Arizona dove hunt. My friend Austin and I limited out and took a quick pic. The coyote was a fun hunt as well. While waiting for legal shooting hours to get the dove, a pack of coyotes started up to break the morning silence. I grinned from ear to ear and Austin knew why, I returned later that evening, right before sundown and called him in. I howled the entire sequence and 25 minutes later he came in looking for fight. His hair (sparse because it was 100+ degrees for 4 months) was standing from neck to tail.
Dove20100902.jpg

AZCoyote20100910.jpg

Guy Miner":92rgmtdr said:
Guybear01.jpg

028.jpg

Two Washington bears taken on a father/son hunt, early September 2010.

Way cool Guy, not only was it a great hunt but both of you look like you really had a lot of fun. Nice bears.

crappy cell phone pic 18"3x3 california D5! missed his big bro

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 4,347
here's my 2010 Sept bear and My first 2010 Coyote.

Bear was taken with a .260 tipped with 130 grn accubonds. WHOP!!

Coyote wa taken with a 243 and 55 grn B-tips

Attachments

• FSCN0900.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 4,332
  • Number1 2010.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 4,332
Gutpile,
Those are perfect pics; great job!!! Good to see the ol’ 260 down a bear and coyotes are a perfect touch to any hunting thread (my personal opinion). Good to see the 2010 hunting pic thread on the rise. BTW, welcome to the forum,

Just got back from WY. The ole' 260 with 130 grain Accubonds strikes again.

The buck was taken at 260 yards and the doe was 200 or so. Didn't have the rangefinder available for her.

Attachments

• Antelope_2010_030[1].jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 4,302
  • DSCN0955.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 4,302
The 130gr AccuBond was a beautiful site for the .260 - Those two were made for each other.

Happen to recover any of the bullets ?

Congrats on the hunt(s)

Back