2010 Hunting Pictures

Good to see things looking up. That is a dandy looking buck. Congratulations.

Nice buck buddy! Great looking deer. I am jealous after having to hunt these little Va deer! Scotty

Charlie-NY":ong1ftzl said:
I shot this big boy in a cotton field in N. Carolina last week. He took two leaps after taking a 155 gr A-Max in the brisket and it was all over.
Occoneechee_Lodge_2010_009.jpg

Nice buck Charlie! Scotty

beretzs":1o2qo4y0 said:
mcseal2":1o2qo4y0 said:
Wyoming 2010 mule deer 270WSM 140gr AccuBond 2 shots, both pass throughs. 1st at 313yds broke shoulder second at 375yds double lung.

Awesome picture. Welcome to Nosler! Scotty

Thanks, and thanks for turning me onto this forum. I've been a longtime Nosler user, but new to this forum.

Here's my 2010 animals so far:

The last hog i took before leaving Vandenberg AFB last January (30-06 w/180ET):
Jan1030-06.jpg

My 4x4 bull elk taken in October (375RUM w/260AB):
2010Bull-2.jpg

Nice pictures Rich. That is a good bull elk. With the way wolves are gripping down on Idaho, any bull elk is a good one these days. Scotty

Rich,

Always good to see a fine pig tagged. The elk is a good one, as well.

My elk shot in Southern Colorado with my custom 300wsm (nosler custom ammo 180gr accubonds) 363 yds

Attachments

• elk201001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 4,686
Finished the 2010 hnting season here in Minnesota today. Was really warm for most of the days we hunted. We hunt on the farm my dad was raised on in West central Minnesota (50 miles east of Fargo). There was a friend from Arizona that I do quite a bit of varmint shooting with in California and South Dakota, that was able to fly in and experience a family get-together/hunt. This included sleeping in the old farmhouse and eating huge meals every night with lots of stories from the past. :lol: We had four people shoot their first deer this year (three nephews and my friend John)! Always exciting to see someone harvest their first big game animal. Most only hunted the opening weekend, but two of us were here for the entire week. There was two nights spent processing the six deer that everyone else seemed to find other things to do instead of help :roll: Guess that means I get to chose what cuts are mine!! Didn't pull the trigger on one this year, since I was more interested in helping others get theirs and passed up several small bucks and antlerless deer. Here's a couple pics:

P1000318.jpg

Most of the hunting crew...some old guys and some getting started on their hunting.

P1000321.jpg

My son's first deer with his 7mm08 using 120 grain ballistic tips. Shot running straight at him. It looked like a gernade went off in the chest cavity. I found the jacket (zero lead) in a muscle of the hind quarter.

P1000311.jpg

My varminting buddies' first big game animal....of course I made him gut it :p

P1000313.jpg

Can't think of anything better than hunting with family and friends.

Those are great pictures, and even greater memories for you. Thanks for sharing. That was especially interesting to hear of the performance from your son's 7mm-08. Consequently, did you streak your friend's face with blood?

did you streak your friend's face with blood? :lol:

We made him tie the "oysters" to his pack for the rest of the hunt!! He was a good sport about it, and even said it had to have been his good luck charm with the buck he shot the next day. He was shooting a 25-06 with 120 grain A-frames that were both one-shot kills. The one in the pic was shot in the neck since that was all he had to shoot at through the trees and the other was a quatering away chest shot that crushed everything in the chest and the off-side shoulder.

It would seem that your friend is no rookie with his rifle. This may be his first big game, but he was prepared for the shot when it presented itself. Congratulations to your family and friends for a job well done. I'm intrigued at your statement of the warmth. It is 11 C here today, almost unheard of for mid-November. It was wet and rainy through September and October, and it has turned warm again, though I was told it was snowing 465 km west in Prince George yesterday. Come on snow. I need to get the elk moving.

Nice animals fellas, congratulations to all of you!

JD338

Way to go Ackley. You did your family and the sport proud. It was warm wasnt it. The eight folks I went with, got one deer. "Worst" year in a long time. Father in law was kinda bummed. Me I was just glad to be out, especially with my daughter. :) Its best they dont get one right away maybe, any way. Congrats. CL

PS Hey does the "snorer" or the "gasser" get to sleep in the little house....? :grin:

Cloverleaf -
It was way too warm for me this year...you were quite a ways south of me so it must have been even worse. We had a lot of shooting going on around our farm opening weekend, so there must have been quite a few deer moving. It was nice that the farmers were able to get the soybeans and corn off the field before the season this year. The last two years most of the corn was still standing, due to how wet the fields were.

PS - I am both the snorer and the gasser, I choose to sleep in the back of my truck to avoid waking up with other peoples boots and other objects laying on me and around the bed when I wake up in the morning :) . Everyone gets more sleep that way.

100_3295.jpg

My wife and Payton with her doe for the year. 280 yards with a 120 BT out of her 7-08.

100_3307.jpg

My bull. Taken at 420 yards with a 160 AB out of a 280 AI

Aaronsbull.jpg

My brothers bull. Taken at 250 yards with a 130 TTSX out of a 308.

Should have more pics for the 2011 season. If the stats hold up My wife and I will both have spring bear tags, and buck tags, as well as her doe tag. I might draw a late season white tail muzzle loader tag, and a muzzle loader cow tag. My wife may also get the same tag that my bro and I toook these two bulls with.

Back