2010 Hunting Pictures

No I wasn't able to recover. They were complete pass throughs on both lopes and the bear. I really believe the 260 and the AccuBond to be as close to perfect as possible for deer, Antelope and Bears. It penetrates, flies true, and doesn't blow up when it hits bone or severly bloodshot meat like some other "softer" bullets do. I really couldn't be happier with this combo. The 260 itself is awesome as it has ample power but the recoil is light enough to see impacts. When coupled with the AccuBond you see the impact then you hear the wonderful AccuBond WHOP! This leaves no question whether you hit home or not.

We start the modern deer season this weekend. Who knows maybe we'll recover a couple.

Pic of our only bull moose taken on the first evening of our 2010 Moose Camp. Couple 180gr Accubonds from 300WM @ 150metres. Had another bull barking at us but there was a slight breeze going north and that bull stopped calling. This bull come in from the south of us hot and heavy. We heard him cross the creek splashing, then hit the timber grunting and stepped out onto the cutline broadside. He ended up getting back to the edge of the creek and droped into some flood plain water. We rough the dressed out weight to be between 750-800 pounds
293f6uf.jpg

Well that pic for some reason was cut off. :? ..I'll have to download another later...I may need to crop out the quad and shift the pic over...probably too big file for the forum.

Maybe try a link:
URL 2010 Bull Moose

I added a this link to a pic of our camp:
URL 2010 Moose Camp

For our group its 95% being out in Mother Natutre with a couple friends we only see maybe once or twice a year that live far away and the other 5% is getting an animal. A bit warm overall but you cant control the weather.

Was a great trip overall. Another buddy missed one a few days later...couldn't tell if it was a cow or bull till the moose turned its head and it was a small legal bull with a lone cow. Its large ears fooled him. We had a few other opportunities with bulls grunting back at us till the wolves lit it up on crisp morning and the moose stopped calling. I guess we have to go back and thin a few out again. Season ends an the end of the month and a couple friends in our camp still have tags so we are planning a day trip. If no other bull moose tags filled then I guess its on to a bull elk for me and a couple of the guys have cow elk tags.

Mighty Peace,

Those Peace Country bulls are great. Good job for you and your companions. Drop another!

Great moose! That looks like a great hunt, plus, all those steaks and roasts! Great hunt, thanks for the story and pictures. Scotty

About ran out of breath calling this one in. It took about 45 minutes...started running out of ideas but he finally showed up to some fawn bawls (Verminator Tweety call). Not sure if that's what made him originally come in, the shot was at 105 yards. I'm practicing for a predator contest in January.

OctYote.jpg

Here's taters speed goat
DSCN0205_028.jpg

and mine too.
DSCN0199_060.jpg

Area 47 (sherly basin Wyoming) with Greg Nolan, and Black n tan

Great pictures JD. Looks like it is a good hunt! Good shooting by the boy! Scotty

Its been a pretty productive year for me so far.

Started out great with a really nice PWS black bear. I got doing a boat based spot and stalk hunt out of Whittier, AK. Shot just over 300 yards across a small bay with my 300 RUM and 168gr Barnes TSX.
2010bear.jpg

I drew a great local cow moose tag. Shot this large cow with a 250gr Barnes MZ sabot and my Encore 209x50. Wanted to use the muzzle loader to make it a more challenging hunt. It turned out great. A 2 hour tracking job that culminated in a 70yd shot on this big old girl. Got over 400lbs of meat in the freezer.
31300270.jpg

Went on a non trophy caribou hunt yesterday with a few friends and filled out subsistance permits. Great weather and lots of caribou. Used my 300 RUM again both shot at same time at about 80yd.
3108af72.jpg

This is the bears rug thats almost finished at my taxidermists.
159bca3e.jpg

Hunting has been productive for you this year. Congratulations on an excellent black bear! He is a dandy, for sure. The cow moose will provide excellent fare for the year. Those are a couple of good looking 'bou. Talk about a tough shot! 80 yards with a 300 RUM! :shock:

Wyoming 2010 mule deer 270WSM 140gr AccuBond 2 shots, both pass throughs. 1st at 313yds broke shoulder second at 375yds double lung.

Attachments

• My muley 2010 3x4 little pic.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4,664
I shot this big boy in a cotton field in N. Carolina last week. He took two leaps after taking a 155 gr A-Max in the brisket and it was all over.
Occoneechee_Lodge_2010_009.jpg

mcseal2":15k0smgp said:
Wyoming 2010 mule deer 270WSM 140gr AccuBond 2 shots, both pass throughs. 1st at 313yds broke shoulder second at 375yds double lung.

Awesome picture. Welcome to Nosler! Scotty

mcseal2,

Great muley. There are some fine deer in the state. Good to see you join us. Hope to see more of your work.

Charlie,

That is a great looking whitetail. I must get out soon to tag my deer this year.

Well, this year turned out alot better than expected. I took this dandy little 5X5 @ 200 yds from my kitchen door. In my underware no less. 200 yds, HNDY 117 grn BTSP over WC 868. Darn form loads, I can't seem to use them up, then I can load Noslers.

AJpics062.jpg

AJpics061.jpg

He is a nice size, Although I think he ma have been a little over mature.

JT.

Back