2010 Hunting Pictures

Jake - nice bulls you and your brother got. Who can argue with a 7mm08 and 120BT's for whitetail deer.

Hi, I`ll try to post some pics, hope it works out.
Here in Norway Wild Boar are only located in the south-east (spreading out slowly though), so most hunters go to Sweden to hunt for them. I usually go with my hunting partner Jann. This October he could`nt come, to busy at home. In Sweden we stay at Henry`s farm. He is helping out with everything, so I managed on my own.
On this trip I could go for Wild Boar, Roe Deer, Fallow Deer, Moose (calf) and small game. Ended up I got two boar, some pheasents and a duck. We can`t hunt the pheasants at home either, so I was very pleased with them.
Pictures of Boars are`nt that great. We hunt them in the evening and at night when there`s moonlight enough, so pics were taken when we brought them back to Henry`s farm.
The black one is a real Russian, at 230 lb. The Badger-colored one is a sow at 160 lb. Also posting a pic of some pheasants.

Next trip will be in the end of May, then with hunting partner Jann. Looking forward to it already.

Boars were taken with my Ruger Hawkeye Sporter in 270 Win, and reloadings with 160 gr Nosler Partitions. Small game with my dear Remington 870, 12 ga. with 30" barrel. :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_3844.JPG
    871.3 KB · Views: 4,109
  • IMG_3820.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,109
  • IMG_3835.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,109
Hawkeye -
Great to hear and see what is being hunted in other parts of the world. Are the pheasants well established where you were hunting them or do they need to be managed like a game farm? I didn't realize there was enough ground cover for pheasants to thrive in Sweden. Welcome to the forum also.

Hawkeye, awesome pictures of your hunt. I like your 160gr PT load too! Sounds pretty stout. Scotty

Always fascinating to hear what is hunted in other parts of the world. You have a good rifle for hogs. The 160 does sound stout, but it would certainly work. The 870 is just classic for a shotgun.

The pheasants are wild. I think they were put out and kept as a hunting object in the old days. They seem to have adjusted to the climate in southern parts of Sweden. We have some in Norway to, but in areas where you cant hunt.

The 160 gr NP as you see performed as it should (as always). I am a sort of a "tracker",to be called out if game animal gets away after being shot at. Have two dogs that I use for that, and the 160 NP serves well for this job. Here You have to either have a tracking dog yourself, og to make an appointment with a "tracker" if to hunt big game. (Moose, Elk, Roe Deer).

In February we hunt for the Lynx, the european eqivalent to Your mountain lion. Not as big, but a facinating animal. Then I change to the 140 gr AccuBond, making a smaller hole in the skin, if I get the opportunity to shoot one.

I bought this rifle last spring, and I`m very pleased with it. I`m familiar with the 270 cartridge, I also have an older Ruger #1 in 270 Win.

Another bullets that has worked for me is the Nosler Ballistic tip for Roe Deer.
Hornady also is very accurate. Have`nt tried it for hunting, but they should be just fine for Roe Deer at least.

That was a little about hunting over here. I hunt a little all year round. My favourite though, is perhaps Duck Hunting. Besides my wife loves ducks for saturday night dinner, so I need no excuse for going out hunting them. :grin:

Richracer1 said:
Here's my 2010 animals so far:

The last hog i took before leaving Vandenberg AFB last January (30-06 w/180ET):

Nice animals. Where the heck did you take the hog at. I imagine they are pretty tough animals to kill. Did you recover the E-tip in him? I've heard they are good eating especially the younger ones? :grin:

No, didn`t recover bullets. We hunt them in a mix of farm country and forest. Those two were shot at about 75 yards, pretty dark, so that`s about the longest distance I would shoot at. My hunting partner recovered a bullet on an earlier trip. He used a 140 gr Rhino in his 6,5 X 55.
And yes, they are good to eat ! Different from pork, but You could still prepare it the same way as pork.

my first kill with the 7mm wsm, on the next to last evening of the season at home, leaving for Manitoba tomorrow :grin:
p1050680.jpg

p1050679.jpg

That is a fine looking deer. Any details you want to share?

The 7mm WSM is awesome for whitetail. I've taken several from very close to quite a little distance. All were one-shot kills as the rifle performed its magic. A 160 grain AB does speak with authority in this cartridge, I can tell you.

Good looking Saskatchewan whitetail, Tyson. Congratulations on a fine animal. Hey, you finally got some cold weather. We are just getting ours at last.

Thank you! Ya we got some cold weather now and some snow, I got this friday morning after a 2 and some hour spot and stalk in minus 30 weather! But it was worth it :grin:

Back