2010 Hunting Pictures

Mike-Super 7, those are some BIG muleys! That is the stuff heart attacks are made of! Scotty

Took the dog out one morning in october.When we walked into the field which is 30 yards from the house i saw this coyote feeding along the far fencerow.Went back and got the rifle, hate to say it but i missed the first shot standing at 200 yards.As soon as i shot it took off for the woods on the other side of the field.When its nose hit the crosshairs i touched one off,it did 2 somersaults and never moved ranged it at 346 yards,pretty lucky shot.Hit in the spine right in front of the hindquarters 7mm rem. mag 150 BT

Attachments

• 101_0708.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,986
  • 101_0706.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,986
  • 101_0728.JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 4,986
I'll say your taxidermist did a great job. Good shot that dropped a worthy adversary.

Texas Whitetail

Texas003.jpg

Well, after a couple of dry years, one of which I didn't even hunt, yesterday evening at about 5min before 5p I got a shot through an opening in the woods at this fellow. A 130gr Nosler E-Tip through the front shoulder dropped him in his tracks. I was sitting across a draw from him at about 175yds. He didn't move for a while, so I climbed down and hiked up to the ridgeline where he was. He jumped up, scrambling and falling, and ran off the ridge and up onto another little ridge point. I decided to leave him until this morning and all was good.

He's my biggest so far, ever, and has a very wide rack. His inside spread measures 17".

Needless to say, I'm stoked. So much so, that I'm not even bothered by having to get stitches in my knee from slipping and busting it hauling him out.

photo.jpg

Good looking deer! Sounds as if he made you work to recover him, though. Knees heal, but the joy of that hunt will remain.

DW,

Contratulations on one heck of a nice buck, way to go!
Sorry to hear about your injury, hope it heals up quickly.
I would call it a war wound. :grin: Feel free to post a picture of your knee to go with your buck. :mrgreen:

JD338

Great buck! Awesome picture. Good to see the 270WBY up on the boards this years! Scotty

Here are some pics starting with the two gobblers I shot in the spring. Then sept dove season, followed by the first day of duck.

Attachments

• '10.JPG
    '10.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 4,312
  • Doves SEP 10.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 4,312
  • 173.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,312
  • Spring 2010 (2).JPG
    Spring 2010 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,312
Next is the buck I shot in archery season and my first pistol kill, a big doe

Attachments

• '10.JPG
    '10.JPG
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 4,349
  • ME AND JAMIE OCT 16 2010 (2)_crop.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 4,349
Screaming Eagle,

Looks as if you had a good season. That's a good looking buck. Here's to hoping this coming season is as productive!

DrMike":88aszdz0 said:
Screaming Eagle,

Looks as if you had a good season. That's a good looking buck. Here's to hoping this coming season is as productive!

Yeah the only thing I didn't get to tag was a black bear.

Back