2010 Hunting Pictures

Heres the results of my 7mm RM in 2010.

IMG_2723.jpg

And here is the results our our 2010 ND group..

3Kings.jpg

Rod -
Nice looking buck...the neck on yours tells me he was in full rut. Looks like he had been working on the tree in your first picture. What barrel is on the rifle?

Rod,

Your crew did well. That is a fine looking buck. Actually, each of them has some nice head gear.

Good gene's in that "pool". Rod that looks like a great time. Great photos and great lookin bucks. Nothin like a flat lander deer! CL

He's a dandy. Congratulations on a fine buck. Which WMU did you take him in?

Got this guy in 254, he's defintetly my best to date grossed 173 and change, netted 160 1/8. Funny thing is I almost passed on him I was after a drop tine buck in the same area, After looking thru the bino's a few times I decided to take the shot, just under 350 yrds, bang flop. I was pleased to have no ground shrinkage, plus I'm living in my BIL shadow as he got a hog of a non typ mulie, that is grossing in the high 240's, so this guy really made my day.

I'm certain you are glad you took a second look. He is an excellent trophy. I hunted 358 this year, where I saw a lot of deer, but nothing that approached him. My hunting partner took a monster mulie in 357. Again, you took an excellent animal.

WT doe shot with a S&W 629 Classic and Nosler 240 gr JHP at 65 yds.
IMG_0323.jpg

Busted up 8 pt WT shot with a T/C Omega loaded with the Nosler 458 cal 300 gr BST at 20 yds.
JDBusted8pt120510.jpg

JD338

This years buckpole. We hunt on the Schoolcraft/Delta County line. Mine is the spike, shot opening morning using aWinchester 70 in a .270. Two 9 pointers, one 6, one five and the spike.

022.jpg

I got my buck tonight, not the one I was seeing but another buck I had on trail cam. He came out late and I was pretty sure he had the in-line point I'd seen from the trail cam pics and was a good buck. I was running out of light fast and decided to take him. He stood for quite some time with his butt to me facing away before turning to offer a quartering away shot. This buck came out in a different place than expected and offered a longer shot. I hit him with the 130gr AccuBond handloaded to 3175fps from my 270 win at the last rib and the bullet traveled through the lungs to break the far shoulder but did not exit. He was at 348 yards and bullet performance was perfect. He ran toward me about 80yds before dropping. He gross scores 147 2/8". Not my best buck, he would have been a stud if I'd let him go another year, but I'm happy with him. If I'd have had a better look I'd likely have passed on him just due to his age but the light didn't allow that. He is still going on the wall.

Attachments

• best front pic.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,917
  • PICT0726.JPG
    931.2 KB · Views: 4,917
Awesome buck MC!!!!! You smoked him with the 270. I love seeing the mouth full of blood! Man, 270's and AB's are really putting a hurt on animals around this place! Great buck, I wouldn't have let him walk either, but then again, I don't have the caliber of deer you have! Scotty

This is a pic of my BILs big non typ mulie, as you can see the shadow I've been living under is fairly big> LOL
kensbuck2010.jpg

That is some headgear. Congratulations to your BIL. It does set the bar a bit high! :shock: It looks similar to this one taken by a hunting partner in AB this fall.

Gil2010.jpg

Whoa Doc! :shock: "Mass" is a massive understatement in describing that headgear.. What a piggy set of horns..

Rod

Yeah, I yanked his chain pretty hard. He arrowed him, and the buck escaped. He had to hunt for a couple of more days to find him again and drop him with a 160 grain AB from his 7 STW. I told him he should have started with an AB and saved all that extra time and worry.

Back