2011 Hunting Pictures

What a buck! Great score for her! Man, alot of great muleys getting taken this year. Scotty

Scott,

I hadn't even noticed the gloves. Good catch. They do indeed introduce a touch of class to the photo. :grin:

Idaho congratulations to your buddy on his elk! He certainly deserved it.

Super-7 great deer and those gloves are priceless! That's a really nice buck and he sure looks like he's in good shape.

dubyam- That sounds like that 8mm Mauser is a great rifle! Scotty just picked up a 7mm Mauser in a Winchester allegedly for his son. Keep the pressure on him and he'll fold and get an 8mm as well. I also see a 6mm Remington (Mauser) in his future!

Congratulations to all.

6mm Remington":18y41nem said:
Super-7 great deer and those gloves are priceless! That's a really nice buck and he sure looks like he's in good shape.

I was thinking I need to get my daughter some of those mittens for her first hunt! Tell her good job!

Looks like most of us are having a great year! Keep the pictures coming guys

Here is 6mm Rem's son's elk he took. I will let him add the details of the hunt, but man, it was great shooting on his part. Glad to see his 300WSM worked well. Scotty

Jeffelk2011001.jpg

Jeffelk2011006.jpg

Thanks Scotty. For some reason I'm having problems getting photo's onto photobucket so I can post them on the forum.

I had to take a break from Goat hunting to take my son Jeff out. We hit it early and right at first light found 4 cows-calves on a park. He got a kneeling shot from about 90 yards and hit her right behind her right shoulder breaking ribs going in. The bullet was angled so that it clipped her spine and then down into her left shoulder where it took out the shoulder bone and stopped in the meat under the hide. The 180 gr. AccuBond in his 300 WSM did a great job as expected from a Nosler.

I was sure proud as he made a great shot and when the first presentation wasn't right he moved up without being told and just did what he needed to do to get into position. I was sure glad she dropped in her tracks because if she went into the trees it "quickly" begins to drop off and it's a jungle. I think my son's going to have to keep that Winchester Model 70 in the 300 WSM. Not too bad of combination.

The bullet was recovered, and I goofed when I told Scotty it retained 70% weight when it should have been 64%. I had calculated off a 165 gr. weight and not 180 which is what he was shooting. Anyway it expanded great, held together, and penetrated wonderfully.

Thanks for letting me share guys.
David

Great job by your son, looks like you taught him well. You definitely aren't getting that gun back :)

Congratulations to Jeff. He did a great job with that elk. Of course, he is using the rifleman's rifle. David, you have every reason to be proud of that boy.

Congrats to your son! Glad to hear he's learning the intuitive parts of hunting. That's when the fun really begins - when the oneness starts kicking in.

6mm great job by your son on the elk. I get a kick out of the different facail expressions from the kill to the work. Hilarious.

super-7":3btijjyh said:
6mm great job by your son on the elk. I get a kick out of the different facail expressions from the kill to the work. Hilarious.

Oh yes I noticed that too! Part of that equation is just being a teenager whether a boy or a girl! That and he really doesn't like me taking pictures of him! He'll enjoy them later. He should not complain. As you can see we got her out two halves at a time which is great for an elk. Usually it's in quarters! :lol: He should be thankful!

This old girl was pretty old by judging her teeth, and her ivories were worn down pretty good. We of course kept them as a memory of the hunt. I think they are pretty neat and each set from animal to animal are so different. Later if he wants, they make beautiful necklaces, rings, or earrings.

The bullet is in the bullet test section super-7 if you want to see how it did it's job.

David

Great elk hunt photos! Great to see the youngsters out making their hunts happen. The tradition must be passed, and it looks like these "kids" are doing a fine job of becoming serious hunters. I'm impressed!

This is the buck I took during the NY rifle season. First animal taken with my BLR in 358W. He was obscured by some Beech saplings for some time before I even saw antlers and only the right antler. I had to hold on him for some time before he gave me a 65yd shot. When I approached him after he was down I realized why I only saw one antler. His lift beam was snapped just past his brow tine. I would have still shot him knowing this as he was nice and healthy.

IMG_0838.jpg

That BLR in 358 is a sure 'nough deer buster. Consequently, I can attest that it works quite well on bison, black bear, elk and moose as well. You are well equipped for almost any game in North America. That looks to be a nice, fat buck that will provide excellent table fare.

CatskillCrawler":2vwpjz7w said:
This is the buck I took during the NY rifle season. First animal taken with my BLR in 358W. He was obscured by some Beech saplings for some time before I even saw antlers and only the right antler. I had to hold on him for some time before he gave me a 65yd shot. When I approached him after he was down I realized why I only saw one antler. His lift beam was snapped just past his brow tine. I would have still shot him knowing this as he was nice and healthy.

IMG_0838.jpg

Great NY buck! Sounds like your 358 did the trick! Scotty

Nice deer, really like your 358 Win, looks like you have the same style horsehair sling I have on my BLR 260 Rem.

Got this big old doe a few weeks ago with a muzzleloader.

T/C Encore .50 caliber
73.5grs BH209 - weighed
Barnes 300gr Expander
CCI 209 Mag

26yds

muzzleloaderdoe2011.jpg

Heath,

She'll make some excellent meals for you and the family. Congratulations.

Back