2011 Hunting Pictures

Danielle's first buck with a T/C Omega muzzle loader
IMG_06271.jpg

JD338

My 2011 whitetail shot at 200yds with my 264WM 140gr AccuBond. Somehow he jumped a fence with 2 broken shoulders, but he only went about 20 more yards. Lots of bucks out that day in the rain. Not my best buck, but the best one I had an opportunity at and a good solid shooter. He is an older mature buck that was maxed out on antler growth, I have 2 years of trail cam pics and he stayed the same size. My girlfriend's new camera's flash and I don't get along, my eyes are closed in every field shot. It says the field shot pics are to big when I try to load them, but here is a trail cam shot of him.View attachment PICT0124 (2).JPG

mcseal2, He looks like a dandy deer. Jim, Danielle did an excellent job with shot placement.

Great shooting McSeal. Nice buck.

Danielle did great! She really capitalized and put it all together! Congrats. Scotty

JD - Congrats Danielle! Looks like that 7pt lived up to it's nickname and remained elusive. Nice buck tho and looks like she hit the x-ring. Glad you switched to the Omega and were able to overcome your misfire incident.

RR - That's a great BT rack. Definite character there.

Starting to see more M/L success stories. Hopefully I can enjoy similar success with my Encore. It's been two years since it spoke.

Man, I let this thread get away from me....gotta get back to it and catch up!

Great pics, and congrats to all!

I sure hope Scotty took note that there are still some SPIKER'S left in Oregon that he overlooked, and also taking notes that a little old 308 killed a big old moose, and a small bore 284 Winchester took a nice spike bull. Appears they were one shot each!

Congratulations on the great animals guys!

6mm Remington":3btpilby said:
I sure hope Scotty took note that there are still some SPIKER'S left in Oregon that he overlooked, and also taking notes that a little old 308 killed a big old moose, and a small bore 284 Winchester took a nice spike bull. Appears they were one shot each!

Congratulations on the great animals guys!

Yeah yeah! This has been a great year for us around here! Scotty

Shot this 25 lb female coyote back in Nov with the 6.5mm Rem Mag and a 130 gr AB at 50 yds.
IMG00267-20111108-07331.jpg

JD338

Idaho mule deer buck. 280AI shooting 140 VLD 3240 fps. Looked larger just before I shot him. This is not me with the deer. It is my five year old son.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,945
Scotty,

Nice bag. Which rifle were you using?

Jock,

That's a fine looking deer.

DrMike":3godv7c3 said:
Scotty,

Nice bag. Which rifle were you using?

Jock,

That's a fine looking deer.

We were using our 20 gauges with #6 shot. Worked like a champ.

Nice bunnies Scotty. I can smell that stew from here. Yum! Can't believe there's still no snow here... You get many snowshoes up at your parents place? They're very hit and miss location wise now.

Nice Muley Jock. Perfect mix with that 280Ai and western deer hunting.

I haven't seen many snow shoes around my parents. I know the adirondacks probably holds more. Snow would have made it a little better, but it seems like winter is getting a slow start up in the NE. Scotty

Scotty,

I thought sure you'd have used a .22 to take those rabbits. Wow! It has been years since I used a shotgun for rabbits. It does bring back memories, however, and causes me to think that maybe I need to take a shotgun out of the safe and go out for some practise. Hasenpfeffer would be a pleasant meal or two this winter.

DrMike":3kzlh0dw said:
Scotty,

I thought sure you'd have used a .22 to take those rabbits. Wow! It has been years since I used a shotgun for rabbits. It does bring back memories, however, and causes me to think that maybe I need to take a shotgun out of the safe and go out for some practise. Hasenpfeffer would be a pleasant meal or two this winter.

Nah, all shotgun for me when there is a chance to flush grouse. I was using my Grandpas old 20 gauge Smith and Wesson auto loader he left me and my son was using my old Winchester 1300 20 gauge. Pretty light to carry in the thick stuff and not to nice to beat up a little in the brush.

Back