2011 Hunting Pictures

Great pictures CH! Looks like you've made the best of you're bad luck this year. Everyone in that picture looks very happy together. I tip my hat to your wife's resolve in fighting a nasty disease and hope that next year you all will be able to participate a bit more. Eating that tasty game should certainly help.

Great account of what will undoubtedly become a memorable hunt, CH. You wife's bravery and resolve must assuredly be an encouragement to you and your family. You made the most of a tough situation. Congratulations.

Well I thought this was a good a place as any to introduce myself. I'm Mike and I live out in Western Nebraska. I am just getting into the world of reloading(got the stuff, just need to bolt it down and get after it) and I thought this would be a great place to get some info. Here are my 2011 hunting pic, I thought I would share. My wife and I had a great year and my taxidermy bill is gonna suck! I shot my first Pronghorn and my wife and I both killed our best mule deer to date.

Thanks for looking!

Mike

IMG_0059_1.jpg

IMG_0060-1.jpg

IMG_0043_sharp.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Hi .280 Remington,
Welcome to the Forum! Those are some dandy bucks! 8) Post your questions and you'll find a bus load of help from all of us. You'll soon realize that the .280 has a large fan base here.

Scott

Mike, I have said it before! Awesome bucks! Your wife and you did really well this year! Great hunts!

Glad to have you aboard. Good to have another Marine on board here. I think we are starting to have a small majority in the services represented! Scotty

Mike,

Welcome aboard. That is an excellent mulie you tagged, and the antelope is no slouch either. You're going to love hand loading, especially as you begin to put the smack-down on game. My brother lives in Nebraska. I've threatened to head back them to do some hunting one of these days. The state seems to be a sleeper on fine game.

Mike: Welcome and great animals you have there. Thank you for sharing. Where did you hunt?

Mike - welcome aboard! Congrats to you and your wife - looks like 2011 was a great season!

Always good to welcome another Marine aboard.

Guy

Guy Miner":2waq5mwl said:
Mike - welcome aboard! Congrats to you and your wife - looks like 2011 was a great season!

Always good to welcome another Marine aboard.

Guy

I told him were starting to take over on here Guy. I think we almost have a solid squad of Marines on deck!

Welcome Mike...great looking mulie you shot :!: . The .280 was what got me into reloading back in the early 80's. You have a great choice of bullets and powders for that caliber.

Those mulies you and your wife tagged are great examples of what the prairies can produce. Give us an account of your hunts. What cartridge? How the hunt went down? I know I would enjoy hearing about it.

Thanks again guys for the warm welcome! Fotis, I see those silo's everywhere around here. There are some pretty close to where I live. My step father was in silo's in Arkansas back in the day. He did 10yrs and 5 I think was underground!

DrMike I'll probably start another thread so I don't tie up this one with the stories of them, don't you think that would be best?

Thanks again everyone! I look forward to learning a ton from this place! I've already learned a ton from Scotty already.

Gung Ho!

I have too. Like Nosler is the holy grail of the hunting world. Thanks to him I'll be broke the rest of my days................

Btw Mike, Good morning :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
739082542_photobucket_129413_.jpg

Back