2011 Hunting Pictures

pre6422hornet":36l1qwdh said:
Since you love pics of loaded rounds Scotty, here you go.. Salivate.

DSC00815.jpg

Man, that is almost torturous! I have dies, maybe I need to find some brass, bullets and then a rifle! Those look good buddy! Can't wait to hear what they do on the range.

Its nice to see you guys here, Mike, Robert and Pat. Mike, I can't believe the ".280 Remington" name was available. With the following it has on here, I would have thought it would have been long gone.

Pat,

Great looking MO buck. It is good to see some good bucks there. That wasn't always so.

ROVERT":1te3v3yo said:
Its nice to see you guys here, Mike, Robert and Pat. Mike, I can't believe the ".280 Remington" name was available. With the following it has on here, I would have thought it would have been long gone.
I kinda thought the same thing Trevor, but hey, I'll take good luck when I can!

PAT,
That there is a nice buck and all the more to your credit that you were able to take him at "snorting distance". Welcome to the board! CL

Thanks Dr Mike and CL.

Yes we have some big ones in MO! I even caught a different buck on trail cam that is almost the same size as mine. Can't wait till next year.

I didn't mention in the story that I hunt solo 100 % of the time so the pics may not be the best. I had the camera wedged between a tree trunk and a vine to get that shot.

Plus I shot him at 7:45 am and didn't get back to my truck till almost 2pm. Army Corp of Eng land does not allow vehicles so it is a drag em out your self the whole way. 1.5 miles. I was real tired when I got home that day! May have to invest in a cart in the offseason.

thanks again,

Pat

Pat,

It looks as if you worked out all the logistics on your hunt, and that is pretty cool. I have no doubt you were tired; but I also know you were gratified with a successful conclusion to a good hunt. Good account. From your handle, I would assume that you enjoy the quiet little round known as the 22 Hornet? Was this your own build?

DrMike":k8imlgr6 said:
Pat,

It looks as if you worked out all the logistics on your hunt, and that is pretty cool. I have no doubt you were tired; but I also know you were gratified with a successful conclusion to a good hunt. Good account. From your handle, I would assume that you enjoy the quiet little round known as the 22 Hornet? Was this your own build?

Yes I do. I did not build it though. It is an all original pre war model 70. My great uncle bought it brand new and I have owned it since 1995. Lyman 48 peep. It actually is the only rifle in my battery that I do not reload for. It shoots regular Win grey box so well I have never thought to. It was the rifle that started it all for me in the model 70 realm. Up until we moved out of Ohio in 2008, I used to shoot it all the time while groundhog hunting. Can't tell you how many it has taken over the years. An absolute breeze to shoot and I can't wait for my two young girls to squeeze the trigger on it.

Darn model 70 obsession. Sickness I tell you.

Give us a picture of your Hornet when you get a chance. I know I'd like to see it, and I'm sure others would as well. It is one cartridge I've never loaded for, but as a neat varmint round, it has intrigued me.

Ah, but 'tis a sickness that can be treated quite effectively. Those who recognise quality tend to the elixir of health and beauty, the Model 70.

DrMike":3g5zgt9b said:

Ah, but 'tis a sickness that can be treated quite effectively. Those who recognise quality tend to the elixir of health and beauty, the Model 70.

Mike, very great words right there!

6 of these seven deer were killed with 165 gr Accubonds out of a 30-06 charged with 48.5grs 4064, the other was killed with a WW 150 gr Power point on top of 49gr 4895.

DSC07111.jpg

DSC07003.jpg

Hamour,

There will be some excellent eating on those animals. Where were you hunting?

.280 Remington":vfkacxh5 said:
Nice deer man, is that a double I see? Very beautiful!

We were hunting in the Gus Engeling WMA, buck hunt and management hunt.

The gun in the first picture is a Kreighoff Drilling 12x12x30-06, I was using it as a single shot since buckshot are not allowed.

We had a wonderful hunt and the people at the wma are first class all the way.

Here is a better picture
DSC06939.jpg

Our 2011 bucks
My wife with the buck she shot on a 2 men push ( actually 1 man, 1 woman :mrgreen: )
The buck was running strait at her and she shot it at 75 yard with her 260 rem.
We had trailcam pics of this buck we named the boxer.
manitoba2001003modifi1.jpg

And the buck i shot 2 days later, we jumped him in the cattails and he made the mistake of staying in there, after 10 min off scanning the bush, i noticed him further down looking at us
Only his head and neck was showing, so i aimed for the throat patch, as i couldn't see how is body was placed.

manitoba2001022modifi2.jpg

Caribouhunter,

Those are a couple of beautiful bucks. I just love the Roman nose on that buck your wife took. It is a really handsome animal. Either has a good rack. Congratulations.

Back