2011 Hunting Pictures

To stay on topic here are a few 2011 hunting pics. No dead critters this year for me. Wasn't a good year afield for kills..
DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

CatskillCrawler":18sgaw3b said:
FOTIS":18sgaw3b said:
I use to work close to there in a Missile Silo!

Sorry to hear that. Were you capsule crew, security or maintenance?

Nuclear Security forces-------houah!

Man, WS, no hang gliders in the National Forest! That is tough! Hunting isn't always about killing an animal. The experience counts for something. However, I admit that dining on the lean cuisine of wild game is a bonus.

DrMike":s0592nn9 said:
Man, WS, no hang gliders in the National Forest! That is tough! Hunting isn't always about killing an animal. The experience counts for something. However, I admit that dining on the lean cuisine of wild game is a bonus.
I hear ya DrMike.

I won't repost the long story here as I did on another forum. I will just say that besides making sure my family was ok, I also had another bull of a lifetime dead to rights. Was just a matter of time before I sealed the deal. However, he died at the hands of another under very questionable circumstances.

Ok, enough of that. The Wilderness here is really tough. There's rumors they are going to outlaw shoes next......... :shock: :p Lol J/K

Here is my boy with his first ducks... He just started hunting this past year....
FirstDucks.jpg

.....Then for Christmas for him this year, I turned this southpaw Savage....
pix348760115.jpg

Into this...
1222111659.jpg

1222111626.jpg

I can't for the life of me find the picture of him toting around his Grandad's Marlin 336 on his first hunt, though. Hopefully he'll be toting around that wrong handed Savage this year With some great pictures to share!

Wapiti Slayer .270":57w8oa06 said:
Robert,

Welcome!!!!!

Great pics and sure hope your boy makes some great hunts with that awesome Christmas gift!
Thanks, Kelly...
figured there's just far too many good people over here not to finally sign up!

meatmachineman":2pntu0wc said:
Wapiti Slayer .270":2pntu0wc said:
Robert,

Welcome!!!!!

Great pics and sure hope your boy makes some great hunts with that awesome Christmas gift!
Thanks, Kelly...
figured there's just far too many good people over here not to finally sign up!
Indeed. Wished I would have just stayed here way back when...

Welcome aboard all of you. JD and Fotis take good care of this place. Plus, it's Nosler, does it really get any better than that? :twisted:

SJB358":3uaeu6l3 said:
Welcome aboard all of you. JD and Fotis take good care of this place. Plus, it's Nosler, does it really get any better than that? :twisted:
It would if both Mike and I had new rifles to load said Nosler's in :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wapiti Slayer .270":vm4ubhay said:
SJB358":vm4ubhay said:
It would if both Mike and I had new rifles to load said Nosler's in :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You have a 243,270 and 300. You can get your legs with those! 280 Improved will come shortly I bet!

SJB358":2jx63w6c said:
Wapiti Slayer .270":2jx63w6c said:
SJB358":2jx63w6c said:

You have a 243,270 and 300. You can get your legs with those! 280 Improved will come shortly I bet!
Lol True. Already got bullets for those though.

I've put the .280AI on hold for a bit. I'm after that JOC for sure!!!!!!!

Good looking Savage you got your boy for Christmas, even if for the wrong hand. Looking at the package, I can see that he would have no clue what he was getting. Looks like he scored well on duck this season.

Nice Pics Robert!

Newbie here on the Nosler forum. Many will recognize me from another forum I have been a member of for quite a few years. I can't believe I never came over here, I just didn't know Nosler had a forum and since I don't shoot at anything unless I am pushing Noslers down the barrel, I figured might as well join the fun. Been reloading for 15 years now and really enjoy the whole process.

For those of you that I don't know yet, live in Kansas City Mo with my wife and daughters. Just moved here in August due to job relo, but that is a great thing. Spent last three years in NW Illinois where there was basically no where to shoot a rifle, so I didn't pull the trigger on live rounds for a long time. Before that I spent 33 years in NW Ohio. Didn't start shooting until 19 years of age, so I am still trying to make up for lost years :grin: Since moving here I have the shooting fire re ignited and I am in the process of setting up a reloading room in the basement and then let the games begin again. I am really looking forward to learning more about accuracy and reloading, especially fine tuning brass and reloading steps to ensure the greatest accuracy possible.

I shoot Model 70's in .270 win, and love everything about model 70's as you can tell in my screen name. Actually it is a sickness that I love to pass to others....

Anyway since this is the hunting forum and the 2011 pic thread, here is my 10 pt Missouri whitetail. Taken the third day of rifle season on public land 20 minutes from my front door. Set up on a scrape line and finally caught him checking them. I would love to say he was 200 yards away and I made a pinpoint shot on him through a 6 inch window in the woods.... BUT he actually walked right up to me as I was sitting on the ground. Distance was 20 yards. .270 Win handload of IMR 4064 and 130 gr Nosler Partition did the rest.

DSC00699.jpg

pre6422hornet":1du2vo1y said:
Nice Pics Robert!

Newbie here on the Nosler forum. Many will recognize me from another forum I have been a member of for quite a few years. I can't believe I never came over here, I just didn't know Nosler had a forum and since I don't shoot at anything unless I am pushing Noslers down the barrel, I figured might as well join the fun. Been reloading for 15 years now and really enjoy the whole process.

For those of you that I don't know yet, live in Kansas City Mo with my wife and daughters. Just moved here in August due to job relo, but that is a great thing. Spent last three years in NW Illinois where there was basically no where to shoot a rifle, so I didn't pull the trigger on live rounds for a long time. Before that I spent 33 years in NW Ohio. Didn't start shooting until 19 years of age, so I am still trying to make up for lost years :grin: Since moving here I have the shooting fire re ignited and I am in the process of setting up a reloading room in the basement and then let the games begin again. I am really looking forward to learning more about accuracy and reloading, especially fine tuning brass and reloading steps to ensure the greatest accuracy possible.

I shoot Model 70's in .270 win, and love everything about model 70's as you can tell in my screen name. Actually it is a sickness that I love to pass to others....

Anyway since this is the hunting forum and the 2011 pic thread, here is my 10 pt Missouri whitetail. Taken the third day of rifle season on public land 20 minutes from my front door. Set up on a scrape line and finally caught him checking them. I would love to say he was 200 yards away and I made a pinpoint shot on him through a 6 inch window in the woods.... BUT he actually walked right up to me as I was sitting on the ground. Distance was 20 yards. .270 Win handload of IMR 4064 and 130 gr Nosler Partition did the rest.

DSC00699.jpg

Pat, welcome aboard buddy! Great buck and M70's are very at home around here!

Your going to like it here a bunch. Great fellers and ton's of knowledge on loading. Don't be scared to show em your latest Winchester. Nobody will argue with you that it isn't a M70!

Back