2011 Hunting Pictures

Here is a picture of my 2011 Cow Elk form Western Washington. This is my first Elk and the first animal I ever harvested that did not have feathers :grin: It has been a great year and this particular day is one i will never forget. I shot her uphill 45-50 yards with my .30-06 loaded with 180 Nosler Ballistic tip's.
4.jpg

FreshAir,
Congratulations on you first big game animal, she is a beauty. A little bit bigger than a grouse isn't it? :) Since you are in western Washington would that be a Rosie instead of a Rocky Mtn elk?

FreshAir, Congratulations on your elk. She will provide excellent table fare for your family and friends.

gerry":25p23lva said:
FreshAir,
Congratulations on you first big game animal, she is a beauty. A little bit bigger than a grouse isn't it? :) Since you are in western Washington would that be a Rosie instead of a Rocky Mtn elk?
Thank you..... Yes it's a Rosie although I think SCI and the likes only recognize a true rosevelt when it's west of interstate 5. Yeah I could not believe how much meat we got after it was all said and done.
DrMike":25p23lva said:
FreshAir, Congratulations on your elk. She will provide excellent table fare for your family and friends.
Thank you and amen..... Can't wait to have an elk for thanksgiving :)

Very nice elk FreshAir. I my book any elk is a good elk, she will eat very very well. Congrats once again.

Bill

Nice job on the cow elk, defintly at the top of the list for fine table fair. Cow elk and moose are all I have ever taken myself, although I have been along on bull hunts many times, for me it's way easier to get a cow tag in either species. I'll be 7 years waiting on a coveted praire bull elk tag, if it wasn't for the availabilty of cow moose tags that would be along stretch without some tender vittles. Again congrats!

2011 Colorado 3rd season bucks.

My deer taken at 120 yards with a .300 H&H and 180 grain NPT.

IMG00138-20111111-1037.jpg

My buddies deer taken at 300 yards with a 7mm-08 and 140 grain NPT.

PB130269.jpg

Great pictures! Man, that is so cool to see the old 300 out and hunting and great shots to the both of you! Awesome, just awesome. Great bucks! Scotty

That deer shot with the 7mm-08 isn't quite as dead as the one shot with the 300 H&H. :lol: A couple of great deer you've posted there.

Few pictures from my recent Moose hunting trip to Gros Moren National Park, NL, Canada. Six day hunt, one day portage up the Western Brook, two days miserable hunting weather, high wind or more like 150 kmhr wind gusting at 180. Followed by a nice calm day when the animal had to come out to feed after the storm had calm down. Cow Moose shot in the AM hr, by my self so normal working speed and collecting biological sample for Parks Canada, it was night fall and time to head back for a rest. Two days getting the animal out, one to bring it to the river and full day down the river with one 100m portage. Hunting trip than will grow with me and get better every time I'll tell the story, have think twice before I take a full grown Moose again when alone in the woods.

Nosler thanks for a grate bullet, first recommendation is Nosler E-Tip.

Bullet 150g E-tip. 30cal loaded for a custom made (by my father) 308.w 98Mauser receiver.
Brass, Lapua.
Powder Norma 202. 45.2g
Primer F210

Good night and for everyone out there than have't filled there tags, I wish you enjoyable hunting trip with Nosler Bullets.

Attachments

• 011_0906-1.jpg
    011_0906-1.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 011_0911-1.jpg
    011_0911-1.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 011_0925-1.jpg
    011_0925-1.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 011_0936-1.jpg
    011_0936-1.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 011_0946-1.jpg
    011_0946-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,254
  • 011_0956-1.jpg
    011_0956-1.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 1,254
Great story and report Iskan! That 308 with the ET seems pretty deadly. Great shooting. Sounds like a great hunt. Welcome to the forum! Scotty

iskan,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. You took us with you. Those are some great pictures. I'm really enjoying the E-Tip on the other side of Canada. Undoubtedly, your moose will make fine table fare this winter. I enjoyed some minute steaks from my fork horn moose taken on the last day of the season.

Shot these two this evening. 150 yard shot. Both dropped where they stood about 30 yards from each other. 243 Winchester with 95gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. Had my lucky favorite nosler hat on too!
DSCN5046.jpg

I hunted X12 in Calif this year. Passed on 2 small ones at the start of the season. Hunted most all days of the season. Was just using the"catch and release" method. Never say a live or dead one worth shooting.

Here are some photos . This is Deer Hunting for the OLD and Disabled

Attachments

• hunt caption.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,238
  • trailer.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,238
Back