2011 Hunting Pictures

Here is a picture of the deer my brother shot yesterday morning. it measured 16 inches wide and 14 inches tall, 4X4. He shot this with his 7mm rem mag with a 168 grain berger target vld on top of 74 grains of H retumbo going 3084fps.

quentindeer.jpg

Corbin, good looking buck. You scored well on that one, and your brother did well, also.

Coyote taking a dirt nap after eating an elk load. Shot all my BT's at the range so he got a PT!
First kill with the 284 :twisted:
284coyote.jpg

Way to go Corbin, those are some dandy lookin Mulies!

Thank you sir! that is a great first kill with your 284. Its always a good time to send a couple yotes to the lead doctor every now and then :twisted:

Congrats guys!

I do think the mulies are going to cook up better than the coyote though... :mrgreen:

atmoshpere":1fngqzu2 said:
Coyote taking a dirt nap after eating an elk load. Shot all my BT's at the range so he got a PT!
First kill with the 284 :twisted:
284coyote.jpg

Way to go Corbin, those are some dandy lookin Mulies!

Awesome, good way to get that 284 broke in some! Great shooting brother, that rifle looks great

corbin9191":1fngqzu2 said:
Here is a picture of the deer my brother shot yesterday morning. it measured 16 inches wide and 14 inches tall, 4X4. He shot this with his 7mm rem mag with a 168 grain berger target vld on top of 74 grains of H retumbo going 3084fps.

quentindeer.jpg

Corbin, congrats to your brother! Looks like the 284's are stacking them up this year! Scotty

Two nice muleys Corbin. I never got into the grading of antlers, so this is an honest question. Are the measurements for width and height take inside the antlers, or outside dimensions?
Best,
Steven in DeLand, FL

roysclockgun":4kwzx85f said:
Two nice muleys Corbin. I never got into the grading of antlers, so this is an honest question. Are the measurements for width and height take inside the antlers, or outside dimensions?
Best,
Steven in DeLand, FL
I take them from the inside of the antlers

Here is my Mule buck taken this past Sunday at 8:15 am. My first kill whith my 35 Whelen and the 225 AB.

DSC03432.jpg

338 Ultra,

Good looking buck. You did very well, indeed. Congratulations.

338 Ultra":uvfgt2n3 said:
Here is my Mule buck taken this past Sunday at 8:15 am. My first kill whith my 35 Whelen and the 225 AB.

DSC03432.jpg

338! Holy smokes! Now buddy, that is a HOG of a deer! What an animal to break your new Whelen in on! Holy crap. That is a great deer! Any idea what it weighs? Congrats.

Whadda ya think of the Whelen? Scotty

Great Mulies gentlemen!!

I do appreciate you trying to make it fair 338U. Not every hunter is so appreciative of the chase and giving our quarry every chance they can. In light of you hunting with a 35Whelen it only seems fair to hunt with a blindfold. :mrgreen:

CatskillCrawler":8hankpay said:
Great Mulies gentlemen!!

I do appreciate you trying to make it fair 338U. Not every hunter is so appreciative of the chase and giving our quarry every chance they can. In light of you hunting with a 35Whelen it only seems fair to hunt with a blindfold. :mrgreen:

Sorry pal but because of my line of work and the way the world is going these days it is prudent to not be in the public eye. I have no doubt that anyone with some computer experence could clean up the picture and ta da but would prefer that does not occur. Don't worry though I am saving you some eye grief in the process. :wink:

beretzs":1r6y2qqe said:
338 Ultra":1r6y2qqe said:

DSC03432.jpg

338! Holy smokes! Now buddy, that is a HOG of a deer! What an animal to break your new Whelen in on! Holy crap. That is a great deer! Any idea what it weighs? Congrats.

Whadda ya think of the Whelen? Scotty

Thanks for the kind words man. I have shot quite a few bucks over 300 pounds live weight in the last 30 years I have been hunting, both mule and whitetail, but this is my biggest bodied deer to date. Field dressed he took four 200 plus pound men to load into the truck. It took four of us to drag him 200 yards to the truck with snow on the ground. No place to get him weighed but body wise he is I would say about as big as a good sized spike elk. Honestly and with what other hunters with more experience told me that he could have been pushing close to 400 on the hoof. Quite a few people from the area came to see him hanging in the shop before skinning and all of them said they have never seen one from that area bigger. I wish I could have been able to weigh him but such was not the case. I do not get to cought up in the weight thing anyway. This was the type of deer I was looking for and after making a 500 yard stalk luck was on my side and the AccuBond took him out hard. 60 yard shot straight through the sternum trying for the heart missed but turned one lung and the liver into red liquid missed breaking the guts four ribs were broken well actually they had a 3/4" gap between them. He made 20 yards so 2-1/2 jumps and was stone dead in the air hit the ground and never twitched just like flicking off a light switch. I used to have a 338 win mag and it gave exactly the same results but it ruined a lot of meat. The whelen on the other hand hardly caused any blood shot at all and only in the sternum and the broken ribs. Actually I am suprised at the lack of meat loss with the results I got.

What do I think of the whelen? Wondering why I never had one sooner so I have to make up for lost hunting time. Will have a moose tag next year bet the old 35 will just be the ticket on a swamp donkey.

Great looking buck! Congratulations. Looks like that big ol' .35 Whelen & Nosler bullet did real well for you.

338 Ultra":2mtqc24c said:
CatskillCrawler":2mtqc24c said:
Sorry pal but because of my line of work and the way the world is going these days it is prudent to not be in the public eye. I have no doubt that anyone with some computer experence could clean up the picture and ta da but would prefer that does not occur. Don't worry though I am saving you some eye grief in the process. :wink:

I hope you didn't take offense to my post. I was just expressing my respect towards the 35 Whelen with a twist. I have no issues with your decision to not reveal your face before and certainly after your response.

Again, congrats, that is one heck of a mulie.

Back