2011 Hunting Pictures

Jim,

I do like that picture. It is a reminder of the pleasures of fall. The colours are striking.

A few of mine from this season so far....

Sunrise in the woods.....what I wait all year to watch!

sunrise.jpg

Sunset while walking back to the truck...another view I enjoy:

sunset.jpg

And my dad getting the biggest buck of his life...

dad.jpg

Can't wait to have more pics.... great season so far!

Tom,

The pictures are great, speaking to the heart of every outdoorsman. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations to your dad.

My monster! He's not QUITE as big as ram161's lol, but he should eat fine!
308 win, 130TTSX This was the little buddy of kilgore's buck. He stopped to look back for his wingman and I had too much freezer space.
monsterbuck.jpg

View from one of our favorite glassing spots
panoramicgrousemtn.jpg

Congrats all on your 2011 successes!

Congratulations on a fine buck. You're right in stating that he'll be tasty. That's a great view from the side hill.

Atmosphere...there is not a thing to be ashamed of there. I took a meat buck too this year a little 2x3 Whitetail Buck over in the Sumpter Unit. Dad took a 2x2 Muley buck in the same unit. They are delicious! Will post pics soon!

Killed this doe this evening at about 6:00pm. Rem model 7 7mm-08 140gr Federal fusions, ~200 yard shot.
DSCN4980.jpg

DSCN4984.jpg

She was the biggest doe I have ever killed. She weighed at least 175-180lbs dressed

That is really a nice doe DT! You can tell she is really big just looking at the hoofs in the second pic. You will eat well with her.

I dont know how she got so big. If you look on the right side of her jaw you can kind of see the baseball size abcess or whatever kind of knot/infection it is. It looked like it had to be painful but it must not have hurt her much. She can globs of fat and her stomach was full

Good looking doe. She will make fine table fare this fall and winter. Congratulations. I'm always pleased to pick up a doe for the table each fall.

I had a great ID moose hunt. I got my bull the second morning, about 9:05 on the 18th of Oct. I was coming out of the trees on an old logging road when I saw the bull standing broadside about 175 – 200 yds away. Having a nice set of antlers (measured about 38” - 39”) and being about 107 yds from camp, I sat down and cross-haired him with my 338RUM using 250 Accubonds and made a perfect shot; behind the right shoulder. While getting him field dressed, I found the heart blown up, but no exit hole – yeehaw, another recovered bullet for my collection. So here are the pics I took of him in the field.

Disregard the date on the moose pics. I fixed that after reviewing the pics on the camera.

Pic of camp while standing behind the bull:
DSCN0032.jpg

Pic of bull:
DSCN0033.jpg

Pic of bull:
DSCN0034.jpg

Pic of bull w/rifle:
DSCN0035.jpg

Pic of bull while in camp: (look for black spot in the middle)
DSCN0031.jpg

250AB bullet pics:
100_0310.jpg

100_0311.jpg

100_0312.jpg

Good looking moose. It couldn't get too much easier than to drop them next to camp. Congratulations.

filmjunkie4ever":2ta27ii8 said:
I took a meat buck too this year... They are delicious!
Agreed! That's pretty much what I was thinkin when I pressed the trigger on that one. Congrats to you and your Dad!

Nice moose Rich! Looks like he was beggin for it :twisted:

Awesome moose Rich! That is the way to take em! Great shooting. Your mighty RUM collection is really hammering the game! Scotty

Back from NC...wiffed on a good buck, but hammered this one:

nc4pt.jpg

My dad got a HECK of an 11pt in NC, too. Lucky year for him!

Then I came home to a sick dog, and we had to put Molly down yesterday morning. Sad day, so I went bowhunting in a rare early snow in PA. Very surreal hunting in the snow with the trees leafed in yet.

Right at dark, this guy wandered past me and got a 100gr Muzzy pushed through his heart by an Easton FMJ from my Bowtech.

8pt_sm.jpg

Now the .257 is going to get "field tested" with that 110gr AB load I worked up...need a doe yet for the freezer and I'm done!

Couple of fine-looking eaters there, Tom. Sorry to hear about your dog. We do get attached to these animals. They enrich our lives, that's for sure.

DrMike":k9sgeij5 said:
Couple of fine-looking eaters there, Tom. Sorry to hear about your dog. We do get attached to these animals. They enrich our lives, that's for sure.

The first one will eat well, yes.

The 2nd one is likely a 3.5 yr old deer. Girthed 43", which puts his live weight estimate at 234lbs. He was pretty much as big in the body as a buck gets around here, and smelly as all get out. I am donating that meat to a family who is in need this fall. Told them to make burger out of it, lol (friend of my dad's is butchering/processing it for them). I should get the jaw out before they take the deer tomorrow, I guess.

That is a nice pic, but doesn't show the rack well. Beams were busted early, as the broken ends show growth AFTER the break occurred. 17.5" wide. That's a solid deer for this area.

The forkie was a 1.5 yr old deer, might have gone 130 live weight.

Back