2011 Hunting Pictures

Good looking coyote, Jeff. I need to get out and do more coyote hunting.

Nice badger, and Jeff that's a really pretty coyote. His hair is really long and full. I bet he will be gorgeous tanned out. Congratulations.

usmc 89":15iouwyx said:
Thanks you guys that was one of the prettiest one I have gotten.

That is one fine looking song dog, congratulations.

JD338

Here are a few pics of my spring bear from this year, not as big as last years but not bad. I followed this guy for about 15 minutes up the road, as he was moving from side to side rubbing and breaking trees. It was a fun stalk. And finally got to break in my 270wsm.

100_0968.jpg

100_0967.jpg

Congratulations on a fine looking bear. His face has some character. He certainly had big paws. He would have been a bruiser in the fall.

As jmad mentioned I brain tanned a coyote once. Had a book that I used for instruction. I can't seem to find it on the shelf (too many books lol) but I think it was called "How to Tan Hides the Indian Way" or something like that. Don't remeber enough of the process to explain it all here, but one thing I do remember that I thought was cool, is that supposedly all critters have a big enough brain to tan their own hide. It was true for the coyote at any rate. Good Luck!

Man I would like to give that a whirl. Love those soft tanned hides. Make nice couch throwovers in the man cave. Scotty

Dang that bear has a big ol' noggin' - very cool. Must have been a fun stalk too. Congrats!

Not all from 2011, but thought I'd catch up anyway.

Attachments

• Copy of P9190240.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 4,443
  • Copy of P9210254.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 4,443
  • Copy of P9240315.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 4,443
Always good to see the caribou and moose populations being controlled. Thanks for posting.

A few more recent ones from Alaska...

Attachments

• black bear 2011.JPG
    black bear 2011.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 4,443
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,441
  • P3061026.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 4,441
  • P3101060.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 4,441
The musk ox is neat, if only because of the difficulty in finding opportunity to hunt them. Great pictures.

Double Shovel, awesome pictures buddy! That looks like a great bunch of animals.

I gotta say, I think that is a M71 and I am a little jealous seeing it laying over game. What a cool lever rifle! Congrats on those animals. All excellent trophies. Gotta give a bullet report on that old Barnes Original.

Some folks might be mistaken, but it seems like the mighty 270 Win and the 338WM are some serious workhorses up North. Nice to see regular old cartridges still slaying big awesome animals like that. Scotty

Back