2012 Hunting Pictures

buckgitter":68lsga76 said:
Just wanted to show this ...Nosler AccuBond 160 grain from my 280 Rem.

accubombed.jpg

also 8 point I took in Indiana with my muzzy

macepics018.jpg

Either of those deer will do very nicely. Good job; congratulations.

Me and a few buddys season. The buck my buddy shot, something I was looking for aswell.
5F83E717-0C74-485F-B8DA-21CAFF7A7BD1-658-0000015BDEBF6ABC-1.jpg

My nephews moose and his little youth savage 243, with a bark as big as its bite.
83325CDA-0084-4E4E-B8D0-AAAD809E9221-5848-0000133D97F15EC2.jpg

my other buddys buck last day.OLd guy going down in years heavy beams and wide but not great tines, still a nice buck.
0EA97AC7-6DDB-4A91-B049-CC8E5374AE22-1133-000001D43A36EAA4.jpg

Finally the little doinker I used to fill my freezer, not much to say about this little guy other then the meat is very tender. I also made a very nice shot at a LRF 399 yrds, put the 400 yrd hash mark on the vx-3 and squeezed. After the audible smack he ran about 20 yrds spun around and tipped over.

F608A1E4-BFF4-49F4-952A-AAE16BCD96DC-1133-000001D456DA2ECD.jpg

Another season in the books time for song dogs thru the 243 and fox pro in the truck last night. ready for some stands.

Great story Nathan! Love elk stories!

Chris, AWESOME shot buddy! That 160 and 280 seemed to do the trick! Way to go buddy!

Super 7! Awesome bucks buddy! Your partners buck is a dream deer for a guy like me! Way to go!

Agree - that is one heck of a whitetail buck! Wow...

I am really looking forward to getting the mounts back from the Wyoming hunt. Just went with European/skull mounts on both the pronghorn and the mulie buck. Saved both cash and wall space that way. Meanwhile, I've got a few good photos to remind me of that hunt.

IMG_6860.jpg

I think I'll likely get the mounts about March or April. Will post up when I get them back.

Guy

And that photo is worth a small fortune, Guy. Very nice buck, as I've stated before.

Louie that buck is a pig!!

Guy that is a very nice Mulie Buck. Can't wait to see the Euro mount. Just did one myself on this years buck.

Some great headgear, Bill. I admire your tenacity that permits you to tag blacktail. They live in such thick stuff and each one is a trophy. Your dad's mount is very impressive.

Thanks Mike the Blacktail buck was a gift that just wandered by. I wasn't looking for him he found me.
Here is a picture of my best buck, killed south of Salmon Idaho in the 80's. Outside to outside this guy is right at 31 1/2 inches. He is 6 on one side and 5 on the other. He was killed after a long day at 8000-9000 feet in a foot of snow in really steep country. He and a bunch of does crossed the trail in front of me, on my way out, minutes before dark.

View attachment PIC_0003.JPG

Here are some pictures from my last trip in Western Washington, I was 20 miles inland and about 10 miles north of the Columbia River. The unit is fairly small sorrounded by state Highways. Its all privately owned ranch and timberlands. Most of the timberlands are open to access either by road or walking. The ranch and farm lands are closed to access.

View attachment PIC_0049.JPG

View attachment PIC_0057.JPG
I saw elk in this opening one evening, I sat on it for the next 4 evenings and two mornings. It is under a power line. Its not very big and really close in.!
View attachment PIC_0040.JPG
This my stand, you can just see my stool and the bow in the brush. Its very thick as you can see from the view behind me.
View attachment PIC_0041.JPG
This is a view across the power line, elk and deer frequently travel up and down this stretch.
View attachment PIC_0043.JPG
Here is a group of Wester Red Cedar trees, that for some reason were never logged and are now protected. My bow is at the bottom center of the tree. This tree is 12+ feet across.
View attachment PIC_0044.JPG
I have a couple of more photos that I will post later.

Great photos, Bill. It looks very much like what we had on the coast of BC. You are right that it is thick. Great pictures that give some perspective. Thanks for posting.

Back