2015 UTAH DRAW RESULTS

STW

Beginner
Apr 18, 2006
Anyone out there lucky enough to draw a tag there?
I applied for another bonus point for elk this puts me at 10 now.

I drew my general season muzzy deer tag. Struck out again on moose and LE deer. That puts me at 19 and 4 respectively.

I have never applied in Utah, still working on Nevada, Washington and AZ building points. Maybe draw a tag in AZ for next year, and two more years for Nevada and WA. I met a fellow the other day who has 17 in Oregon and is hoping for a big bull tag this year.

zacii":2c54w0cr said:
I pulled a LE antelope tag.

Congratulations! We'll all be interested in learning about your hunt--where it is, what cartridge you'll be using, etc.

DrMike":vuzsoaku said:
zacii":vuzsoaku said:

Congratulations! We'll all be interested in learning about your hunt--where it is, what cartridge you'll be using, etc.

6mm Remington":vuzsoaku said:
zacii":vuzsoaku said:
Congratulations on the tag. Where is it for?? What rifle and bullet will you be using?
It's for the Pine Valley unit. The most southwestern unit in Utah.

Honestly, I don't know which rifle/cartridge I will use.

I have a recently acquired Ruger American 30-06 that I bought for a good deal, but I'm not pleased with it. Currently testing the 180 Nosler AccuBond.

I also have a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 that I'm confident with out to 400 yards, but it's a bit heavy. I bought it to learn long range shooting, not really meant for a hunting rig. If I opt for the 308, I'll probably stick with the 168 BTHP by Hornady. Antelope are small, I think a match bullet will be fine. I know a lot of folks use AMAX bullets.

I'm trying to fight the urge to buy a Vanguard 257 Weatherby...

zacii":v7omb12e said:

Stop fighting and come over to the dark side. :mrgreen:

DrMike":2jqv8sw9 said:
zacii":2jqv8sw9 said:

Stop fighting and come over to the dark side. :mrgreen:
You're not helping [emoji6]

I think antelope and quarter bores were made for each other

The Ruger American just isn't being consistent enough for me to have confidence in it.

You won't be sorry on the 257. They're 25 cal laser beams. :grin: I might add they're fun too.

Back