2016 Hunting Pictures

SJB358":m15bppim said:
Very cool pictures Mike.

Noah is a great looking lad. You are doing a great job getting him out there with the birds. I'd imagine it doesn't hurt your pride to have such a good hunter around either.

How's his back? I'd think he should be tough enough for moose quarters :lol:

I believe he can tote a quarter, Scotty. I don't really enjoy wrestling him any more. He is a strong lad, and I'm compelled to employ a fair amount of deception. Tragically, he is learning all my tricks, adapting quickly and making me work. He now informs me that he is going to join the Marines, taking up where his Pa left off.

He really, really wants to take a black bear. We haven't seen one that he could take, yet. Now, to go find that moose for the old guy. (y)

I hope he does join the Corps Mike. I kinda like to hear that sorta stuff out of young fellas and ladies as well.

He is trying to appropriate my USMC coffee mug whenever he comes over. His mother tells him that he is going to be a preacher. He is definitely being pulled. It is fun to watch him grow. I'm encouraging him that whatever he does, do it well and be a man, remembering his obligation to use his strength to defend and build others. I believe he'll do well.

Well, I happen to know a fella that could get him some Marine stuff, if you think that would motivate him...

I'll let him know. He's spending a lot of time talking to me. He thought briefly about joining the Canadian Forces and aiming for JTF2, but seems to have settled in the last six months on joining the Corps. However he moves, I believe he'll make us proud. He has to declare citizenship for either US or Canadian by age nineteen.

That was a very successful hunt. Congratulations. The '06 is still an excellent rifle. Loaded with 165/168 bullets, it is deadly on game.

MI Early Archery Season opened on 10/1.
Sue filled her doe tag on 10/2 with this doe that she shot at 30 yards. She put a Rage in the cage.
Sue%20%20X%20Bow%20Doe%2010022016.jpg

On 10/8 I saw 5 bucks making their way towards me when buck #6 came in. I put a Rage through the top of his heart at 35 yards. He is a 10 point (6x4).
JD%2010%20Pt%20%2010082016.jpg

JD%20%2010%20Pt%2010082016.jpg

JD338

Super hunts, Jim. Congratulations to you and to Sue. Venison in the freezer! Priceless. "Rage in the cage?" I can see that being appropriated by the manufacturer.

Just got home.
I shot the 2 antelope with 6mmBR 95 gr Nosler ballistic tip 158 and 225 yards
I shot deer with 25-06 115 gr Nosler Ballistic tip 250 yards

Attachments

• mule buck 2016 25-06.jpg
    mule buck 2016 25-06.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 4,917
  • buck antelope 6mmBR Rem700 2016.jpg
    buck antelope 6mmBR Rem700 2016.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 4,917
  • doe antelope 6mmBR Rem700 2016.jpg
    doe antelope 6mmBR Rem700 2016.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 4,917
Bull #2 from the McCall zone of ID. It was shot in the breaks of the Salmon river.

Attachments

• 2016bull#2.jpg
    2016bull#2.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 4,908
Great picture, that would be one worth getting put on canvas. I had my caribou this year put on canvas since I wasn't going to mount him and he was so pretty. It makes for a great way to display your trophies.
b457c1cfc982e41c831c3fd5b03e6e7b.jpg

I have done this for family and friends for the last few years. Generally less than $50 and makes a great present. I did my wife's moose, and buddies wife and daughters firsts. Really turns out nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pictures everyone! I've got a few more weeks before I can get out hunting! It's driving me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear, that is a great idea. Good looking display of the memories of a successful hunt.

I won't be getting too mad at the whitetail this year. Filled the freezer in October with this Colorado elk. 137 yards with my 264 Win Mag pushing a 142gr LRAB through both shoulders with a second shot in the ham, through the pelvis and stopped in the meat of his left shoulder.

Back