2016 Hunting Pictures

IdahoCTD":3rp8bk76 said:
Bull #2 from the McCall zone of ID. It was shot in the breaks of the Salmon river.

One of those places that are so crazy steep, most people will never understand...

Congrats!

Guy

New Mexico 2016. We spotted this Bull 1.7 miles away. Drove 2 hours around into Arizona and back into New Mexico. We hiked up to where we last spotted him. 3 hours later I glassed him bedded 380 yards from us. I handed my dad the rifle, adjusted the turrets, he got down and the rest is history! Poor guy was just bedded.
20161026_155039.jpg20161026_154115.jpg

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

A great bull. That's putting in the miles in order to bring home the game.

Took my youngest on a hunt last Thursday and we rolled in this afternoon. This was an early graduation present and I was his guide. The short version is the rut was in full swing and we saw plenty of bucks exhibiting all manner of rutting behavior. No buck with flowing chest hair smelling of aqua velva & buying drinks but............fighting, scraping and checking out the gals.

Even the big boys were making day time appearances. They were still hard to get due to their entering the arena to check out the girls and getting out fast........never stopping for more than a second and always finding a bush to get behind.

Finally a buck that had been standing behind some oaks came through them to check out a doe. Made the mistake of standing broadside for a couple minutes. Young Mr. Cole leveled the model 99 300 Savage on the shoulder and let led fly.

DSCN5522.jpg

DSCN5528.jpg

DSCN5524.jpg

A fine looking buck. He has some mass in his antlers. Congratulations to the young man. I guess the guide will claim some part of this hunt? What did the client tip the guide, by the way?

c. schutte":jxiasc3i said:
Doc,

He told me I was the best dad in the world.

Yeah, that would about do it for me. (y) First rate, and seriously--congratulations all the way around.

My 12 year old daughter pulled it off, her first deer a 5X5 mule deer with a lot of junk around the eye guards that make it an 8x7 if you count the stuff over one inch. I could not be prouder of her, and the way she handled her self. I had buck fever because I knew what I was looking at. He stopped at about 100 yards and I said shoot him, and before "him" was out of my mouth she had dumped him. 260rem 100gr NBT 44gr imr 4350.

katie deer.jpg

Back