2016 WT

super-7

Handloader
Jun 27, 2009
Finished harvest with the Brother Inlaw last Tuesday, we did not turn a wheel between Sept 28 till Nov 10.
Finally turned my attention to looking for some table fair, and maybe some horns if the situation presented itself.
Unlike years past I had no trail cams out , my scouting time was minimal priority was getting the crop off .
Today found me out early in the AM in one of my favourite haunts, not much moving seen a couple Muley does. One Wt doe and her fawn . For the area not as much traffic as usual.
This evening was a different story , there were deer everywhere. It was socked in with a mist/fog so even though legal light was till 4:45 MST , I knew visibility would be very poor much before then.. At 3:00pm I was in my perch on a south east facing side hill with a east wind and a good view .
It wasn't long before the action picked up. After watching a few deer feeding this young buck came out and started chasing a doe, it wasn't long be for a bit better buck showed up to put the run on him.. I watched him for 10 mins before deciding to take him. It was a 280 yard shot , using the 243win/80gr gmx again . Recovered the bullet it weighed 76grs nice mushroom.
a0d3d3d2aa4f1dddb3a0503c43e30858.jpg
5c10de3f5ddb5947b97a156c78c79e93.jpg
8af066c1e33212e21c1ba6940588d9ad.jpg

No field pics as I'm refusing to bring any technology/ smart phone into the field this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done, I wouldn't have waited too long on that buck. Really nice animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 I also wouldn't have waited long but we rarely see deer of this caliber in the field any more since most of the farms are developed where I use to hunt.

Congrats on fine shot placement, and a real nice buck!

Recovered bullet is impressive. There is a lot of good to be said about the various "mono-metal" bullets like the GMX, E-Tip, and of course the Barnes.

Guy

Back