2023 Burn Rate Chart

They may as well remove the Norma powders as well as Enduron powders.
Those are all gone.

Thanks for that...

I wonder...
Just what in theeee hhhaaiiiillllll
was Vihtavuori aaiming for to make a powder slower than the big three 50bmg powders.

That was never their thing to chase calibers...

Oh well.

More selection is good for us...

Explain

No longer made?
Not sure where I saw it but it is not being imported into US anymore so in a way we won't be able to get it. I do have URP(8lb), MRP(5lb), and 203B(8lb) so when done I will need to switch to other powders.

I don’t think 780 has been listed since production halted a few years back.
Well...

Just a theory but....

I think Supreme 780 was rebadged 785 (remember that one?) ..
I think...

And...

I just wonder if Staball HD is rebadged Supreme 780🤷‍♂️ which was rebadged 785 🤷‍♂️x2
Maybe the above isn't true whatsoever but just a theory

I remember a time when the powder mfg's were all chasing the barometer immunity thing...(Decade/dozen years) ago or so...
And I think 780 was touted as such along with Superformance...
And Reloader 17
And others

What I find even more interesting is the size of the burn rate chart compared to 30 years ago.

Well...

Just a theory but....

I think Supreme 780 was rebadged 785 (remember that one?) ..
I think...

And...

I just wonder if Staball HD is rebadged Supreme 780🤷‍♂️ which was rebadged 785 🤷‍♂️x2
Maybe the above isn't true whatsoever but just a theory

I remember a time when the powder mfg's were all chasing the barometer immunity thing...(Decade/dozen years) ago or so...
And I think 780 was touted as such along with Superformance...
And Reloader 17
And others

What I find even more interesting is the size of the burn rate chart compared to 30 years ago.
I’ll take your word for it. I’d have to pull out old burn rate charts and manuals to say one way or the other. Have to agree on chart size though. We certainly have more powders to choose from than in years passed.

Dang I hadn't heard about Norma powders no longer being imported...I only use MRP, which I know is RL22, but I did prefer to get it in the Norma jug, lol....had some bad experiences with RL22 years ago.

I’ll take your word for it. I’d have to pull out old burn rate charts and manuals to say one way or the other. Have to agree on chart size though. We certainly have more powders to choose from than in years passed.
Well, the Hodgdon chart in 2019 had 163 powders. 2023 has 172.

9 more powders in 4 years.

Not sure where I saw it but it is not being imported into US anymore so in a way we won't be able to get it. I do have URP(8lb), MRP(5lb), and 203B(8lb) so when done I will need to switch to other powders.
Sad to hear this. I had never used Norma until just a couple of years ago when I could get it and not some others. Norma 200 is about the best I have found for my 7TCU. I have a couple of lbs so I will have to be careful how I use it.

I think ramshot imported norma, hogdon bought ramshot, and that was that. Too bad because MRP is awesome in my 25-06

We seen many good powders go by the way (e.g.; N205 and IMR4320). As a reloader we end up with maybe a pound or two of these on the shelf. If I have a rifle that is using one of these that is fine and I will use it until it is gone. If I don't, new load developement stops and it sits there. Who wants to go through the process of developing loads with something that is manufacture discontinued! N205 with 140 grain Nosler solid base bullets was my go to for my 7x57. Both were MD'ed years ago. When this happens it is nice to have an old burn chart to see what may have a burn rate close. A good example is IMR4320 which was discontinued in 2021 or 2022. If you are currently using it then you need to reference an older chart. The new chart nolonger shows it.

Back