2023 Hunting Season

Good looking bucks, Don. Always a glitch in the matrix when it comes to hunting the big boys.

Gave a whitetail buck a 50 cal belly shave with a 250 gr XTP Saturday. I did due diligence and searched for blood, but not a drop. My buddy said the buck ran by his stand at full steam. He’s probably still running 🤣..The scope was off Thursday at the range and I got it zeroed and now it’s back to way left and low. Something is definitely broken. Oh well, as they say… “a clean miss is better than a bad hit”

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19
Gave a whitetail buck a 50 cal belly shave with a 250 gr XTP Saturday. I did due diligence and searched for blood, but not a drop. My buddy said the buck ran by his stand at full steam. He’s probably still running 🤣..The scope was off Thursday at the range and I got it zeroed and now it’s back to way left and low. Something is definitely broken. Oh well, as they say… “a clean miss is better than a bad hit”
Time for a new scope if the bases and rings are good.

JD338

Sorry you didn't get the buck. At least he appears to be OK. Maybe you can another crack at him on another day (or season).

Gave a whitetail buck a 50 cal belly shave with a 250 gr XTP Saturday
How much do you charge?
Next year I’m changing to a different bullet/sabot combo. I just want something a little more trusting , I hate that uncertain feeling like you have with your scope.

How much do you charge?
Next year I’m changing to a different bullet/sabot combo. I just want something a little more trusting , I hate that uncertain feeling like you have with your scope.
I said XTP but it was an SST.. a real dandy in muzzleloader for hunting is the 45 deep curl and a sabot

Back