2023 Trail Cam Pics

Nice one👍
Looks like you’ll have something to aim for this season.

Is anyone using spypoint cameras? How are they?
I don't have any spypoint cameras . I asked the guys on our lease about them , one guy had a couple of them , he threw them away . he says to save your money , he had nothing but problems , and no help from spypoint .

cameras are very slow . I had two cameras that had one picture each , me walking into it . I have 10 cams out , and a few of them will get 100 - 150 deer pics per week . I probably didn't get 100 pics total . nothing big . the hunting has been very slow . the guys have taken a doe , a button buck , a small 5 point . it's amazing how fast things can change .it's all about the food . I've hunted a piece of public land a few times that borders our lease . seen a few , but nothing with the wow factor . I'm leaving tomorrow to hunt N. Carolina next week .

MFDC1950.JPG MFDC4100.JPG 10040007.JPG

I bought 2 spypoint G36. Midway had them on sale. Camera,battery, and sd cards combo for $113. $86 off regular price. Have them out for a week no problems so far.

cameras are very slow . I had two cameras that had one picture each , me walking into it . I have 10 cams out , and a few of them will get 100 - 150 deer pics per week . I probably didn't get 100 pics total . nothing big . the hunting has been very slow . the guys have taken a doe , a button buck , a small 5 point . it's amazing how fast things can change .it's all about the food . I've hunted a piece of public land a few times that borders our lease . seen a few , but nothing with the wow factor . I'm leaving tomorrow to hunt N. Carolina next week .

View attachment 21185 View attachment 21186 View attachment 21187
Would be nice to have a Saturday that it's not raining.

Would be nice to have a Saturday that it's not raining.
I retired in Jan of this year so starting this season, every week is six Saturdays and a Sunday. Kind of weird but I sure do like it. 😀
I've only hunted twice this bow season. It's been very warm and/or wet here. I hope you get to spend time in the woods soon and fill your tags.

JD338

With hunting season coming up this coming weekend I got a couple to add yet.
Someone doesn’t appreciate my camera
11060001.jpeg
And then there is this oddball rack
11070006.jpeg
May I’ll be lucky to catch up with one of these.

Here's a few that are running around here.
Also a bobcat.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20231026_174751050.jpg
    IMG_20231026_174751050.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231112_171914341_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231112_171914341_HDR.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20231111_084811563.jpg
    IMG_20231111_084811563.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231101_181146190.jpg
    IMG_20231101_181146190.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20231028_183627802.jpg
    IMG_20231028_183627802.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231101_181008131.jpg
    IMG_20231101_181008131.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 6
Jim, is that last photo of a 10-point buck? If so, is that the one that Sue is holding out for?

Jim, is that last photo of a 10-point buck? If so, is that the one that Sue is holding out for?
Yes Dan, that is a 10 pt. I passed him at 20 yards. I passed him again this evening at 25 yards.

JD338

archery season has ended . we got 4 bucks and 1doe , none of the big guys that were hanging around before season started . I had my mind made up it would be a WOW buck or nothing , I got nothing . the hunting was slow all season . it didn't pick up much when the rut should have been going heavy , it's been a funny season . I got a few pics of nice ones , but I wasn't there at the right time . I hunted in spurts , not as much as I should have . I got interested in trapping , and hunting took the back seat . I haven't trapped since high school , and I'm really enjoying it . I leave for Kansas Friday , maybe I'll see a good one there .

I have not reset the time on the cameras , still on daylight savings .
camera 11 is at my ladder stand .
11140075.JPG

MFDC3407.JPG

STC_0026 - Copy (4).JPG

You did have some dandy bucks come through. Good to hold out for what you set your heart on getting. Best of luck to you as you hunt KS. Which part of the state are you hunting?

You did have some dandy bucks come through. Good to hold out for what you set your heart on getting. Best of luck to you as you hunt KS. Which part of the state are you hunting?

I can only remember the name of one town close by , Howard . the guys had a lease for many years . the land owner is getting old and decided he needed to give his land to his kids . the one that got this piece of land is not allowing us to lease it . we will be hunting open to the public land . this land will be posted " WIHA" " Walk In Hunting Area " I think that's correct .

funny story now , not at the time .
I about tore the house apart looking for my Kansas deer license . I had my general license that we printed off the computer when we applied , but could not find my deer license . I looked on Kansas website to try to get a replacement , couldn't find any info , or a phone number . the only phone number I found was " GAME THIEF " . I thought well maybe they can help if it doesn't turn up . I finally called our group leader , and told him I lost my license . He chuckled and told me things have changed . Kansas has a phone app that I need to put on my phone , and my licenses will be on that app . sure enough , they are on there .

Howard! You'll be in the area where I spent my childhood. My Grandad lived in Howard for quite a few years. I made the trip from my little hometown to spend the weekend with him and my Grandma many, many times. Wow! Talk about some precious memories. Best of luck to you. And, yeah, I should imagine you had some panic for a bit. I'm always somewhat amazed at the way in which KS has become a Mecca for whitetail; there were no deer or turkeys (well, a few people were turkeys, but you couldn't hunt them) when I was growing up.

I really enjoy my time there , it reminds me of when I was a young kid . everything is closed around 5 or 6 PM . just about nothing is open on Sunday . there's a bar / restaurant close by that had , or has , an hours sign in the window . it gives the normal daily hours , then it has ; open Sundays when the Kansas city chiefs play .

Back