25-06 , 100 gr PT vs BT, substitution

G

Hello all;
Still learning and playing around a bit.
My current favorite rifle, my 25-06, is doing very well with a H4350 load,( 50 gr, win lr primer, 100 gr BT) and I would like to see if the 100 gr Partition (if I can find any!) can be substituted for the Ballistic Tips or if any of you have done so in the past. (I realize start lower on powder and work back up)
Second part of the question for those that may have done this, have you found point of impact stays fairly close or changes when going from a bt to a pt?
Thanks in advance!
Dewey

I have loaded for a 25-06 with 110AB and 100PT.
Even tho the PT was lighter, it showed pressure before the AB. (bearing surface difference I think)
Ended up using two completely different powders for each.......
the PT hit a little higher than the AB.
sorry, not much help..... you'll have to just try em out.

In my 257 Roberts, the 100 gr PT and BT shoot the same powder charge to the same POI at 100 yds.
In fact, the 110 gr AB also hits the same POI while the 85 gr BT and 115 gr BT print with in 1 inch.

I am living the dream... :grin:

JD338

Thanks all!
Sounds like I better just test 'em out. Geez, hate it when I "have" to go shoot sosme more. :lol:
Dewey

My 250 Sav. shoots the PT and BT with the same load of 38gr. of 4350. For me the BT was a little more accurate but we didnt play with the COL on the PT as much.
I suspect your gonna have to find out the hard way....unless you want to send one of us the rifle and some "parts" so we can try and figure it out for ya....? :p :) CL

at 50 grains of 4350 you should be fine switching between those hundred grain bullets.

Back