.25-06 Load Recommendations

Guy Miner":acxcjz33 said:
MrMinks2":acxcjz33 said:
Hello Guy & Guybo: Which primers are you guys using?

Thanks for your help.

Federal 210's, match grade preferably.

Have had good loads from simple Winchester or Remington brass, but fell hard for Nosler brass... Dang, that's nice stuff.

Regards, Guy

I shoot the nosler book load for 120 grain partitions with retumbo. I'm pretty happy with that load, I have some 115 gr Accubonds that I want to try out too.

I had a heck of a time developing a consistent 110gr AccuBond load that my rifle liked. I referenced this thread and the QL data from dwh a lot and I joined the forum to say thanks for the help and to share my experience.

I am shaking my head for failing to complete a pivotal step in the load development process for this rifle... I've done it for every other rifle I load for, but just spaced it on this one for some reason. Maybe it was the great groups that I would get made me think that I didn't have to change/test seating depth so I left it at .02 off the lands. The next confirmation batch wouldn't group well enough for my standards so I assumed the first group was a fluke and moved on. I tried R22, 4350, R25, R19, 7828 Retumbo, and lastly IMR3841. I was about to give up on the AccuBond and decided to shoot the remaining 15 bullets that I had, but at various seating depths. And there I found my answer. .08 off the lands did the trick. It's finally a sub-moa shooter and I am kicking myself for not adjusting the seating depth after the first load test... Maybe in 15 years when these 80 are shot up I'll try the best charge of R22 and adjust the seating depth.

Back