25-06 @ ShootersProShop

jcinnb

Beginner
Nov 27, 2013
New to the forum, if this is inappropriate, or needs a better section, please delete/move.

I have been reloading for a year. Started at a real tough time, but things have gotten better.

Discovered SPS and was in 25-06 bullet heaven. Unfortunately, over last month or so, bullets for the 25-06 have kind of dried up.

Is this a demand thing? A production cycle thing? Or a random thing? Curious if any of the experts know or have an informed opinion.

Thanks in advance.

jcinnb

First, welcome to the forum; glad to have you aboard. Second, the provision of seconds through SPS is random, arising from overruns and/or cosmetically flawed production items. When everything is firing on all cylinders, there will be less product offered through SPS. For that reason, it is always a good thing to stock up when product is available. Try to anticipate your normal requirements for an extended period (say a year) and buy accordingly when product is at reduced prices. Again, good to have you aboard.

Welcome!

No telling what SPS is going to have available at their discounted prices, or when. As Dr. Mike explained, SPS often sells blemished or over-run bullets at an excellent discount. In today's world, it's hard to predict which components are going to be readily available at any reloading supply house.

With that in mind, once I've determined which components make up my chosen load, I buy a fairly large quantity of those components, assuring myself of a constant supply.

In broad categories, I do two types of loading; experimenting/messing around/searching for a good load is one. Once I've got the load dialed in, I go into "production" and start making as much ammo as I want or need.

During the load work-up phase I may only use a small number of components. During production I may use several pounds of powder, hundreds of cases and hundreds of bullets. Guys in high-volume shooting sports will load thousands of rounds of ammo. It pays off to lay in a good supply of the exact components you'll want.

Regards, Guy

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate it. I will keep my eyes and wallet open!

Welcome to the forum, glad you are here.

Reasons are as you mentioned. The bullets are scheduled into the production cycle. Seconds depends on the production qty run and they usually go fast.
What bullet are you looking for? Mayne someone here may have a few extra laying around that you can buy.

JD338

I'm one of Teddy Roosevelt's original Rough Riders.
I go from website to website that sells reloading components yelling, "Charge" as I promptly input my credit card number. I also do the same at the local shops that sell reloading components. :grin:

I am in pretty good shape, bullet wise, but like most of us, always looking for more!

jcinnb":3mnfcgle said:
I am in pretty good shape, bullet wise, but like most of us, always looking for more!

Welcome aboard and with that statement above, your fitting in to a T here! :grin:

SJB358":1pexl0y6 said:
jcinnb":1pexl0y6 said:

Welcome aboard and with that statement above, your fitting in to a T here! :grin:

Indeed, spoken like a true rifle crank. Some of us are more restrained than others, but the infection still rages among most. :grin:

Yes welcome as the other guys stated :) I see you are fitting in very well. I am glad you quoted wallet open as we try to spend everyone's money equally here 8) we are just that type of friend :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Back