257 Roberts ready for Antelope

My mother shot a little Remington 722 in a 257 Roberts. I recall it being sufficiently accurate but not outstanding. If memory serves it was feed a diet of 120 gr Remingtons. One of my nephews kids has the rifle.
Dang thing killed moose(1) elk (2) and a bunch of deer. Most were neck or head shot. 6 boys in 9 years she couldn't waste meat.
This Antelope hunt will be my first serious hunting effort with the #1 257, Really looking forward to it.
Best of luck!
Antelope hunting is a great adventure!
Looking forward to my hunt next year in Colorado, on my father/daughter hunt! Booked with Full Draw Outfitters; hunting with Fred Eichler should be a real adventure!

Good Luck Sir- With accuracy like that you should be good to go! Those 100 Gr BY's will do the job! Let us know how it turns out! CL

Good luck on your hunt. I am going to try your 275 Rigby recipe. Have a Ruger 77RSI in 275 Rigby that I need to work up a load for.

That thing shoots the lights out! Best of luck in putting it to use on your speed goat hunt!
V/R,
Joe

Good luck on your hunt. I am going to try your 275 Rigby recipe. Have a Ruger 77RSI in 275 Rigby that I need to work up a load for.
I run my load for the 7x57 using the 150 gr. Nosler Partition over 48.5 gr. RL17 for about 2850 FPS. Well above published data so start at least three grains less, preferably four less and work up. I did do mine on a hot 100 or more degree day FWIW, Bolt lift occasionally slightly sticky. Dropped back to 48.0 gr. even and no problem with velocity at 2800 FPS. You should come close to 2700 easy with that load IF, your rifle likes it. My M70 with 22" barrel run 2800 FPS and my Ruger #1A with 22" barrel is about 50 FPS slower.
Paul B.

Nice pictures of you and your trophy Don.
Tom gets the assist. Nice work fellas.

JD338

I run my load for the 7x57 using the 150 gr. Nosler Partition over 48.5 gr. RL17 for about 2850 FPS. Well above published data so start at least three grains less, preferably four less and work up. I did do mine on a hot 100 or more degree day FWIW, Bolt lift occasionally slightly sticky. Dropped back to 48.0 gr. even and no problem with velocity at 2800 FPS. You should come close to 2700 easy with that load IF, your rifle likes it. My M70 with 22" barrel run 2800 FPS and my Ruger #1A with 22" barrel is about 50 FPS slower.
Paul B.
Thanks for the load data. I have a #1 RSI in 7x57 also. Need to work loads for both.

Almost makes me wish my antelope hunt in Colorado next year is a rifle hunt instead of an archery hunt, just so I could use my 250AI or my 257 Roberts!
But then again, an antelope with my recurve will be a real challenge and fun hunt! Taking the compound bow just in case I don't get an opportunity at less than 30 yards (took my second antelope with my antelope at 55 yards and third at 35).

Back