264 140 berger bullets

OU812

Handloader
Apr 18, 2006
Well I can say with out a doubt that the Berger bullets shoot pretty dang well. 66.5 grain of Retumbo netted an ave velocity of 3197, ES 16, SD 11.

As an added bonus for me the point of impact between the 140 berger and 140 AccuBond is almost the exact same with the berger being slightly lower. Respectively both bullets are perfect height for a 300 yard zero, which is what I want. Seating depth is the same as i never touched the seater plug from my 140 AccuBond load.

264berger 001.jpg

264winmag 002.jpg

Wow, that dirty old Winchester shoots pretty danged well Bill. I think I have 15 of the 140 Bergers kicking around. Might need to see if mine does the same, just for grins.

Very nice buddy! I imagine that would kill deer just fine. The zero staying about the same is a bonus as well.

It does shoot well considering the loose nut behind the trigger. I'm going to try the bergers and see how they do. Seems guys either love them or hate them, not much in between.

I'd really like to see how they work Bill. Are they the hunting or target versions?

SJB358":evywwfs5 said:
I'd really like to see how they work Bill. Are they the hunting or target versions?

Me too. Hunting version.

The Bergers do produce some excellent loads. Your work is consistent with what others report.

DrMike":p662pg8e said:
The Bergers do produce some excellent loads. Your work is consistent with what others report.

I hope they perform as good as they shoot.

That's a long bullet so even if it does grenade I'd bet it would be hard to catch in a broadside buck.

SJB358":10t1ghih said:
That's a long bullet so even if it does grenade I'd bet it would be hard to catch in a broadside buck.

Scotty the Berger 140 and AccuBond 140 base to tip are the same length. But the ogive is located totally different.

OU812":17po9j15 said:
SJB358":17po9j15 said:

Scotty the Berger 140 and AccuBond 140 base to tip are the same length.

Cool. I believe you have motivated me to get mine out and shoot it some. It's a great shooting rifle but it's a tweener. The 7's win out if I'm carrying something smaller than my 338 or Newton. I need to address that!

SJB358":2h7alf4r said:
OU812":2h7alf4r said:
SJB358":2h7alf4r said:

Scotty the Berger 140 and AccuBond 140 base to tip are the same length.

Cool. I believe you have motivated me to get mine out and shoot it some. It's a great shooting rifle but it's a tweener. The 7's win out if I'm carrying something smaller than my 338 or Newton. I need to address that!

I'm really liking my 264. Easy to load for, shoots flat enough, easy recoil. I think you'll like the Bergers if nothing else for long range practice, bullets are about .50 each.

My seating depth for the 2 bullets is the exact same so hell that was even easy.

JD338":24apbe6a said:
Bill,

Looks like you fond Utopia.

JD338

I don't know about Utopia but I'm pretty pleased with the accuracy, velocity and the fact they hit in the location as my 140 AccuBond load. On second thought maybe you're right with the Utopia.

SJB358":1luyagcz said:
Yeah, I believe I'll have to get mine out and shoot it some.

I hope you do, I think you will be pleased. I'm not saying these are the end all be all of bullets as Nosler has set the bar pretty dang high, there're just something different to try. I still have a tough time thinking about using a bullet that is not designed to punch through as that has been my way of thinking for a hunting bullet my whole life.

Same here but I'd try one on deer for the heck of it. Never messed with them so I wouldn't mind giving them a shot.

I figured i would give them a go and see how i like them. The only thing I know for sure is that i wouldn't know if I like them or not unless I try them.

OU812":2j1divl4 said:
JD338":2j1divl4 said:
Bill,

Looks like you fond Utopia.

JD338

I don't know about Utopia but I'm pretty pleased with the accuracy, velocity and the fact they hit in the location as my 140 AccuBond load. On second thought maybe you're right with the Utopia.

Bingo buddy. (y)

JD338

Back