270 130g Nosler BT powders??

Getting into reloading enjoying it so far, I have loaded my .270 Winchester 130gr in HD SP using Varget and H4350 powders. So far i like the Varget a little better. My question is I was looking at the .270 130g Nosler BT and I cant find either powder that I use listed for this bullet, I have heard that Nosler before listed the H4350 as a powder but im not seeing it on the website as a listed powder. I do see the IMR4350 listed. Can either of the powders I have(Varget or H4350) be used for the Nosler BT,if so any idea on min and max charge? Thanks
Reloader 22 the best powder I have ever used ………Norma MRP and H4831 a close second in 270 Win

My load uses AA 3100 which is now discontinued but if you run across any from and estate sale or old stock somewhere then that is a good option.
I'm lucky to still have about 2 lbs left which no more than I shoot the 270 will probably last me the rest of my hunting life.

Last edited:
My load uses AA 3100 which is not discontinued but if you run across any from and estate sale or old stock somewhere then that is a good option.
I'm lucky to still have about 2 lbs left which no more than I shoot the 270 will probably last me the rest of my hunting life.
An excellent propellant that never received as much interest as it deserved.

Oh no no no! You don’t want to even think about loading IMR4831. Worst powder ever devised. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn standing inside with that stuff. Just ‘cause I’m such a considerate guy I’ll let you box up any you have and send it to me. I couldn’t bare the thought of you enduring such frustration with that terrible stuff. ;)

Been loading 270 win. for 20 years and tried many different recipes. Currently loading 270 win. in four different rifles and all of them shoot Nosler 130 grain bullets at 1/2 MOA or better with 59-60 grains of H4831sc (PT, AB and BT seated between .010 to .020 off lands) The H4831 is temp. stable, too.

Oh no no no! You don’t want to even think about loading IMR4831. Worst powder ever devised. Couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn standing inside with that stuff. Just ‘cause I’m such a considerate guy I’ll let you box up any you have and send it to me. I couldn’t bare the thought of you enduring such frustration with that terrible stuff. ;)
Not since Obi- Wan Kenobe have I seen a greater act of martyrism....;)

Back