270 load for 150 gr BT's

BOWTIE4X4295

Beginner
Nov 28, 2005
Trying to find an good load for my Weatherby Mark V in 270. Bought a box of 150 gr BT's today and have IMR 4350, IMR 4831, and H4831sc in stock. Have had good results with the 130's using H4831sc. Nosler Manual says the 4350 was best tested but what was it tested in, just curious. This is for my father my 25-06 shoots 115 BT's like a laser with retumbo. He wasn't sure about handloads till he saw the Remington 700 25 shoot now he is in love. Inned something impressive to give him back. Maybe he'll send me some buisness!! :lol:

hey bowtie4x4295, i would cross reference as many reloading guides as i could, they all list very good loads, they also tell you what barrel length etc etc..... the 3 powders you listed are all proven . barrel length , brass make, primers all are part of the puzzle.... sounds like you''ve got your 25-06 shooting great, do more reserch no pun intended, then tell your father you''ll reload some rounds 4 his rifle, sometimes things click rite off the bat, my nosler #5 #4 #3 all state H4350 their most accurate powder tested,but that dosn''t mean you can''t get just as ausome reloads with your powders, rember start low and work up a cronograph really helps i know i need one BAD!!! best of luck and keep us posted ...jjmp.

Is it 270 winchester or 270 weatherby?

My Mark V really likes the 140gr BT and AccuBond. I've started using IMR 7828ssc, and had great success.

I shot my first antelope this year in Montana, and also a small buck. The Accubonds performed well on both. Ballistic Tips are amazing as well, but are very explosive when pushed to the velocities I am loading to (aroung 3400fps).

--Mark

Back